VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:20:02 02/03/17 Fri
Author: Janet
Subject: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj

hi Ladies, I don't think Jennifer got her card out for Janulary, i think i mentioned before that her dad was sickj. well, he passed away this morning. j

So I will do something for her for january and prob feb too, so her Jan project will be when i can make it.

Thanks for understanding
Janet

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Janet, 12:32:04 02/03/17 Fri [1]

I just resent the mailing list, there is no difference in it, Wanda said she did not receive her email, i checked miy email, i received it, so not sure why she didnt, she dropped out of the swap but i left her on the email list so she can keep Darlene informed.
so, if you received it thle first time i sent it on tuesday you can ignore the new email LOL

janet

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- janet, 12:43:21 02/04/17 Sat [1]

Brenda, oh my gosh, i got my ray of sunshine yesterday, that is the cutest idea ever!!!! i want to copy it! LOL did you get the pillows somewhere where I can find them? soooo cute, thank you!!!
Janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:17:47 02/04/17 Sat [1]

Hi Janet, glad you liked the sunshine. I got them at Ikea about a month ago and I knew I had to do something with them
because they were so cute.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 18:52:19 02/04/17 Sat [1]

Brenda, Wow what a cute card and I love the sunshine!!! I am going to hang it up so i can see it everyday.Mine will go out Monday. Hugs to all.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- janet, 20:44:29 02/04/17 Sat [1]

oh my gosh, i love IKEA and i am overdue for a trip there :-) its hard for me to get around in my wheelchair, i would never find them...what dept were they in? I was even at the joann craft store today looking for some kind of sun to use, i was looking at the painted wood cutouts, thought i could put a magnet on the back but i love the soft one soooooooo much. cute cute...thanks!
hey, did that clip art work i sent you?

janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Carmelita, 16:54:14 02/20/17 Mon [1]

JANET...I forced myself to go to Ikea's thinking I would find those smiley sun faces but the gal told me they were a seasonal thing and also one of those things that they carry in stock during the holidays and donate some of the profits to a good cause. They were out and would probably not have them again and this coming Xmas they would probably get another item.

I have not been to Ikea since Marcus was in Elementary, we would always go on Tuesdays to eat before coming home, after I would pick him up from school. He now he is a senior @ High Tech High and also working so I hardly get to see him these days.

Sorry for the two of us that they didn't have them.

Hugs,
Carmen

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 10:00:28 02/05/17 Sun [1]

Janet, I found the sun's in the kids department by the stuffed toys.

I ended up doing a search on google and found the cherry clipart you used. I've already used it to make a couple of Valentine's day cards. I love that card you sent with the cherry lifesavers and I couldn't wait to copy it. Thanks again for such a cute idea.

Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 14:29:10 02/05/17 Sun [1]

Brenda, I love the little sun and the sunshine card you sent. It sure did brighten my day!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:38:12 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Emma, you did a fantastic job on the valentine tags! I plan on using the heart one for a bookmark and I'm going to send the monster one to my grandson. I know he will love it.
Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:47:32 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Michelle, thanks for all the goodies. I've already copied the paper clip idea and I'm going to make the matching bag to put it in. I love your ideas and the magnet is "doggone" cute. It's on my fridge with Emma's snowman picture from last month.
Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 16:49:18 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Brenda--
Thank you from me and Emma for the cute, cute, cute sunshine cards & suns! They are super fun and I like the saying on the inside too. :)

Janet--your idea for using the wooden suns is great too, thanks for the idea!

Michelle & Emma

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Janet, 20:53:47 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Emma, you are so talented and creative!!! I love the tags, they are so nice i am using one already s bookmark too!

Michelle, I too loved the paperclip bookmark, I have always wanted to make those but didnt know how to cover the back...now i do! I am going to make some sunflower ones :) love the bag, thats going to be used for a gift card

Linda, received my beutiful valentine card today! the harequin is so cute and...oh my...that was lot of cutting!!! and I love the corner punch you used. makes me want to go look and see what i have too LOL

thank you all so much!!!

Like I mentioned before, jennifers january card will be late, i will prob make it for her next week. her dad passed away friday.

My feb cards are ready to mail, they will go out tomorrow

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- janet, 21:23:51 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Michelle/, how did you/what did you use to fasten the two scallop cutouts together to hold the paperclip

Janet :-)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 21:46:35 02/06/17 Mon [1]

Michelle and Emma, I loved all the valentine goodies! all of them are so cute and creative. Good job well done!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 10:45:44 02/08/17 Wed [1]

Linda, what a beautiful card and I love all the different punches you used especially the heart corner punch. Where did you find it? And like Janet said you sure did a lot of cutting with the harlequin. It was cut so precise.
Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 12:02:28 02/08/17 Wed [1]

The heart corner punch I believe is a Martha Stewart. I borrowed it from a friend. There is also a border punch that goes with it, but I liked it better with just the corners punched.
I really debated about fussy cutting and decided I liked the look. You'll notice you didn't get an extra one this time...lol.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 14:23:42 02/08/17 Wed [1]

Linda--Loved your Valentine card this month! I really like the blue of the graphic with the red, and the corners are so pretty, too.

Thank you from me and Emma! :)

Janet--I used a combo of double sided adhesive squares and Scotch branch tacky glue (ac moores), it's made for paper and acid free. I put the glue all over, but I added the double sided square (which I cut in half) to the base where it was attached to the paper clip.

Michelle

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 14:28:53 02/08/17 Wed [1]

That was supposed to be Scotch brand....

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 10:58:40 02/09/17 Thu [1]

Emma, I love the tags you made, especially the monster one. You really did an awesome job!

Michelle, Thank-you for the goodies you sent. I love the little gift card bag, what a clever idea. I will be making some of those for sure. The paper clip bookmark is really cool, it can be made with any punch...hmmmm.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 22:27:55 02/09/17 Thu [1]

Beverly, I received your card today. I love it! Is the jar a stamp?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 16:41:18 02/13/17 Mon [1]

Yes Linda the jar is a stamp, don't you love it? I sure do!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 16:11:09 02/10/17 Fri [1]

Beverly, what a pretty valentine card. I really like the jar and how you placed the stems of the heart flowers through the jar top. I will be sending this to my sister-in-law, she is going to love it and it will get to her just in time for Valentine's Day.
Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 16:44:12 02/13/17 Mon [1]

Janet,Thank you so much for the compliment for my Feb card.
Don't you just love these card swaps? I sure do!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 11:37:35 02/11/17 Sat [1]

Janet, I love the card, especially the animal print hearts. I think my hubby is getting this one.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:54:54 02/11/17 Sat [1]

Darlene, I love how you embossed the valentine card. It is a beautiful frame. Can you tell me where you found it. I have a lot of embossing folders and when I see a card like yours it makes me want to use them more often.
Also you made the perfect bow. I have the hardest time making bows.
Thank you
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Janet, 19:56:18 02/11/17 Sat [1]

I mailed my cards Wednesday, guess I am late posting that LOL

Jennifer got her Feb card done hereself, i think she sent it out today.

I still owe you a January card for her I'll get something done in the next couple of days.

Janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 10:57:18 02/12/17 Sun [1]

Beverly--Thank you for the beautiful jar Valentine card. I really like the trim at the top of the jar and the papers you used. Also, thank you for Emma's cute cat Valentine, so glittery and fun. :) She really liked it.

Michelle

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 15:51:06 02/13/17 Mon [1]

Janet--Thank you for the cute Valentine card, I really like the animal prints with the glittery hearts! (and thanks for adding extras) I know Emma liked hers, too! :)

Darlene--Thank you for the fun Valentine's card, I like the red bow and the shiny heart paper you used. Also, thanks for Emma's Snoopy card, how adorable! :) She really liked it.

Michelle

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 21:25:14 02/13/17 Mon [1]

Darlene, I love the beautiful valentine card you sent. Thank you so much.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Janet, 21:33:41 02/16/17 Thu [1]

Darlene,
Thank you so much for the valentine card, it is beautiful! You are doing such a great job! so glad you are enjoying the swap :-)
hugs
janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 22:14:03 02/16/17 Thu [1]

So many lovely cards this month, thank you dear ladies for such awesome cards.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- janet, 18:25:29 02/19/17 Sun [1]

Hi ladies, just to let you know I am mailing cards out tomorrow for JENNIFER'S JANUARY SWAP .

after i close up all the envelopes I notice I had not put the 'from' tag on the inside of all of the LOL so i wrote on the back of the envelope that is was for Jennifers January swap

hugs
Janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- JANET, 12:27:07 02/23/17 Thu [1]

Did any of you receive a valentine card from Jennifer for her feb swap?

I think she told me she put a candy in it and i know she does not know to put extra postage on it and I doubt she put a return address on it so it could be returned to her.. just wondering if anyone received theirs

thanks,
janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 12:53:44 02/23/17 Thu [1]

No, I haven't received a card from Jennifer this month.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Linda, 17:51:37 02/23/17 Thu [1]

I received Jennifer's valentine and just came on to thank her. I love the sparkly paper she used.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- tomsmom, 07:57:35 02/25/17 Sat [1]

Yes, Emma and I received our Valentine from Jennifer. I have just been so busy I just now got here to thank her...so sorry. But we loved the cards. I really liked the glittery card and the Valentine paper used. :)

Also thanks for the January cards, we got those yesterday. The doily on the front is so pretty, where did you get them?

Michelle

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- Beverly, 10:32:23 02/25/17 Sat [1]

I received Jennifer's card for January and it is so very pretty! I love the doily and flower.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- janet, 10:56:01 02/27/17 Mon [1]

thank you linda and michelle for letting me know you got Jennifer's card. I hope everyone got theirs, beverly saiud she didnt. i am hope they are just taking a long time because they might have had to ben hand processed because of the candy.

regardking the doily on my card...LOL i got them on clearance at michaels for 70cents for a pkg. there were 3-4 colors in the pkg and at least 30 of each color. it was a lgreat deal. I am not sure if they were supposed to be that gradiant color not or if they were sun damaged but for that price i figured i could find a use (a true crafter LOL) as it turned out they matched the cards i used ha ha ha

hugs
janet

janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:08:29 03/04/17 Sat [1]

Janet, thank you for the really cool valentine's card. I love the animal print hearts. Also thanks for sending the extra hearts.
I'd like to also thank you for the pretty flower and doily card you made for Jennifer. I love how the colors go from light to dark. Really pretty.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: FEBRUARY card swap sent/receivedj -- bwacky, 15:13:08 03/04/17 Sat [1]

Jennifer, I just love the glittery paper you used on the valentine card you sent. It's awesome. Thank you. Also thank you for the treat you put inside the card, it was yummy.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.