VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:15:23 06/07/17 Wed
Author: Ladybuug
Subject: Whereis everyone?

This used to be a very active site. What happened and where did everyone go? I've been away for quite awhile due to family illnesses. I was very disappointed to see how this site is not vey active anymore. Reasons?
Ladybug

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- JoyinMT, 10:13:25 06/07/17 Wed [1]

I've wondered that myself, Ladybug. Maybe gals are getting older and slowing down some --- like I am! :>) tee hee.
Yup - there are weeds to pull, flowers to pick and share, scrapes to sew into quilts, friends to call on and visit (some are ill, some are grieving), cookies to bake, etc. etc.....
No excuse.... I really LIKE this site!
Blessings everyone. We're heating UP here in N. Central Montana, so you all stay safe and dry and COOL! Joy

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- Linda Ohio now GA, 11:00:22 06/07/17 Wed [1]

I think with summer fast approaching, most all forums are slow as people are busy with outdoor activities, plus I think we have lost a lot of people to various Facebook sites.

I know that I am getting older and don't craft like I used to do. I still make cards and little handouts to keep in my purse for doctors, nurses, waitresses, bank tellers, etc. but that is about the extent of my crafting.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- garnet, 14:20:50 06/15/17 Thu [1]

I keep hoping for more participation and sharing. Also, it's nice to get a response when we post something you like and think you might make.

Members used to request a verse or saying for a card or gift tag and get several responses. It would be nice to have that happen again. I'm sure there are members who still come up with cute, clever, thoughtful sayings they could share - even if they don't craft as much.

It is easy to type a TFS (thanks or sharing) and let the poster know you've been inspired or are doing their craft discovery.

TFS, Lady Buug!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- Carol Klee, 01:12:51 07/03/17 Mon [1]

FACE BOOK

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- Lori Jean, 10:09:54 08/26/17 Sat [1]

Personally,I've been very busy with my own blog, YouTube channel, Facebook, etc.~ I do check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. Maybe twice a year? I think this forum dying is just a sign of the times. The internet is not what it used to be and people are communicating with each other in different ways now.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- kathy, 21:13:55 08/27/17 Sun [1]

I really miss how this site was with the recipe exchanges and everyone sharing great ideas and poems. I'm not into FB, because I don't know peoples real names and how to find them, here, I could look all at once. I miss the TOH that way too. On their FB, if you don't see something right then, it's moved on and you miss it. Times don't always change for the best..... THANKS LADIES FOR HANGING IN THERE!:0) Kathy

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Whereis everyone? -- Doreen, 03:55:03 08/29/17 Tue [1]

I pop in here once in a while and I too feel things have changed and that this site is not as active as it used to be. I used to love writing poems along with the other poets. Facebook and other means of communication it seems have taken over, pity!

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.