VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:18:11 06/09/17 Fri
Author: MaryLee
Subject: question about paint

I have a friend who asked if I could paint the birds and flowers on his wrought iron bench. I don't know what paint to use or sealer. Hobby Lobby has Folk Art enamils, there is Yard and Garden paint, outdoor paint and patio paint. Does anyone know which one would hold up outside? Thanks

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: question about paint -- Linda, 22:50:53 06/11/17 Sun [1]

I've used the Folk Art outdoor paints on pavers and it has held up pretty well. I would think any of paint that is made for outdoors should hold up outside. I would make sure you can use it on the wrought iron. Maybe you can paint a small swatch somewhere where it won't be seen to see how it takes. You could google painting on wrought iron and see what turns up.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: question about paint -- MaryLee (Jensen), 11:16:50 06/12/17 Mon [1]

Linda I did google it but all that came up was the cans of spray . I need the small bottles in colors to do this project. I know when I looked at them in the store one or two did say metal, but I would hate to paint it and then have it not work. thanks and have a great day

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.