VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:29:26 09/05/17 Tue
Author: bwacky
Subject: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED

Beverly, I love your beautiful box card with the fancy punched sides. I've made them before but nothing quite this elegant. I think I'm going to copy your idea using Christmas paper, punches and ribbon and place them on the dinner table perhaps with a lotto ticket inside for each person.
Thanks so much,
Brenda

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- tomsmom, 20:54:23 09/06/17 Wed [1]

Brenda--Your card is so beautiful...love the baggie of confetti you added in too!

Emma absolutely loved her card with the popsicle notepad!!

Thanks, Michelle

Also, I wanted to let all of you know that Emma and I sent our August and September swaps out today, so you should be getting them soon! There is a little extra pack of stickers in each envelope--I got a bunch of crafting stuff at a yard sale and decided to share. :)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Carmelita, 23:25:33 09/07/17 Thu [1]

Hi Brenda...
Just wanted to let you know that I got my happy little card. Love the confetti.

TY for always thinking of me, my friend.

Hugs, Carmen

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Linda, 10:03:42 09/09/17 Sat [1]

Brenda, Love the confetti card. Think I will have to make some of those...

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- bwacky, 20:09:14 09/11/17 Mon [1]

Michelle and Emma what wonderful cards and bookmarks I received from both of you.

Since I read a lot the bookmarks will come in very handy. I love the origami one and I'm going to copy it for my grandkids and the flowered one is so pretty.

Was the Hello card made with a cutting machine? I really like how it was made. I have a silhouette machine but have never used it. I really have a hard time doing anything that involves computers. Maybe one day I'll take the time to understand how to use the silhouette but for now it's too frustrating for me.

I'm loving the pumpkin card Emma and your printing is so perfect. Great job! And the anchor card with the matching button is just fantastic. Love how the button matches the paper exactly.

Thanks for an envelope filled to the brim with great cards, bookmarks and a little sticker package.

Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- bwacky, 20:19:08 09/11/17 Mon [1]

Linda, the card you sent is just beautiful.

Is it double stamped or is that just one big stamp? I also love the colors behind the trees and grass. Did you use chalk or ink?

It's a beautiful notecard and I'm keeping it for myself because it is just to pretty to give away and it is so calming. I put it on a stand on my desk so I can look at every day.

Thanks so much
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Linda, 11:06:11 09/12/17 Tue [1]

Brenda, My image is double stamped. It's a fun and simple technique.
Stamp your image on your card first leaving enough room for the reflection. Then stamp your image again on a piece of wax paper, turn it over and line it up below the image on the card, and lightly rub the wax paper the transfer the image to the card. The harder you rub, the darker the reflection is.
I used chalk to color over the image. I love that stuff, it's easy to blend and can give such a delicate impression of color to your projects.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Linda, 10:51:29 09/12/17 Tue [1]

Michelle and Emma, I love the envelope full of goodies.

I love the hello die cut, I have a few die cut word sets, but haven't really used them yet(I will now).

Emma, I love the little pumpkin card.

One can never have too many bookmarks, I always seem to be looking for one.

Love the paper on the nautical card and the matching button.

Thanks also for the pack of stickers.

Loved it all!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- tomsmom, 19:02:27 09/14/17 Thu [1]

Linda--Thank you for the pretty tree card. Also, thanks for telling us how you made it, I've never heard of using the wax paper like that.

Also, Emma loved her feather coloring sheets. She is using feathers to decorate her room, so these will be nice on her bulletin board.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- bwacky, 07:01:04 09/19/17 Tue [1]

Janet, I'm a tea drinker and the folded tea bag holder is really awesome! I just love the paper you used and the way you embellished it with the flower and the fancy punched out oval with the wording. I know I will be copying this to send to some friends.
Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Linda, 12:16:25 09/22/17 Fri [1]

Janet, Love the tea bag holder, I think I'm going to have to copy it.

Thanks, Linda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- bwacky, 11:36:21 09/27/17 Wed [1]

Jennifer, what a cool Day of the Dead/Halloween card! I love it. I also love the fall card with the silk leaves. So pretty. Thanks so much.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Janet, 10:30:24 09/29/17 Fri [1]

Sorry I am so late posting...

Beverly, oh my gosh, the box is ador beautiful! is there a template for that so I can copy it he hee. I LOVE all your folded projects they facinate me, thank you so much!

Brenda, your confetti card is adorable! so cute, you know I'll be stealing that idea too! thanks!

Linda, LOVE your BEAUTIFUL stamped card, your mirror image is awesome, I used to do a LOt of stampin up stamping, and I remember doing a mirror image but I did not remember how. thank you vor sharing your method, and again, i love the stamp and shading, I LOVE the use of chalk.
T
Michelle-Emma, WOW that was a fun package to open! Thanks for all the cards and stickers and bookmarks, i too can always use a bookmark, I do not read but using them in cookbooks for things I want to try.

OH, if you have not looked yet, i sent out the October list a couple days ago.

thanks to all and hugs, janet

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- tomsmom, 21:49:54 10/02/17 Mon [1]

Jennifer--Thank you so much for the Halloween and Fall cards...I just love the Day of the Dead card! And I love the leaf print paper on the fall card. Emma also loved the cards.

Janet--Thanks for the tea holder card and the teas..very pretty. Sorry, that I am so late in thanking you.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- bwacky, 07:07:38 10/09/17 Mon [1]

Darlene, thank you so much for the pretty card. What a great idea to use a paint chip for the background. I have a bunch of paint chips but couldn't always think of how to use them now I'll copy your idea. I also love the fabric flower you used on the card.
Thanks also for the bookmarks they always come in handy since I do a lot of reading.
Brenda

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: September Card Swap SENT/RECEIVED -- Linda, 13:23:25 10/17/17 Tue [1]

Jennifer, I love the Day of the Dead card and the pretty fall card.

Darlene, Thank you foe the beautiful card. Love the burlap flower you used for it.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.