VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:11:42 09/18/17 Mon
Author: Doreen
Subject: Thinking about...

I have been thinking about Joann ... No.1 mom-mom on this forum. Earlier this year we wrote to each other, she was not well at all and I promised to pray for her. Somehow we have lost touch and her email address does not exist any more. I was wondering whether anyone has any news from her.
Thanks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Blazer (Darlene), 08:20:45 09/19/17 Tue [1]

Doreen,
I am sorry but Joann died I think in 2016, I have lost track of time, but if you google Joann Toner Wilmington, Delaware you will see the Obit.
Linners Linda Ga could inform you more on it

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Carmelita, 10:51:21 09/19/17 Tue [1]

Oh...so sorry that you did not know she had passed. It came as a surprise to me too that she went so quickly. I was feeling guilty that I had not been in touch for awhile, we too used to send out quick notes to one another. May she RIP.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Doreen (Sad), 12:34:12 09/19/17 Tue [1]

Oh I did have a bad feeling lately when I sent an email and it came back undeliverable. We wrote to each other in January and she passed away on February 13th. In that month I sent out A Thinking of you card but of course never heard anything back.

She was a lovely person, very kind and thoughtful and I am sorry we did not have enough time to get to know each other better, it seems we never do!

May you rest in peace dear Joann, special thoughts of you and your wonderful family.

Thanks Darlene and Carmelita for responding to my post, I really appreciate it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Linda Ohio now GA, 19:10:21 09/19/17 Tue [1]

Yes Doreen, my adopted by love Sis, Joann died Feb. 13th after battling lung and liver cancer. I had posted about it on the other Voy forum and didn't think to post it here. I'm sorry about that. Sis would have been 72 on the 26th of this month. I miss her so very much. We emailed daily, sometimes several times a day or would talk via phone. She had been having so much fun crocheting and feeding the hummingbirds. Now every time I see our hummers or a skein of yarn, I can't help but think of Sis. I'm thankful she is not suffering any more.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Doreen, 17:44:25 09/21/17 Thu [1]

Hi Linda, It's lovely to know you were so close. We too used to share some nice emails about our crafts and about our families. When I had my radio show she used to wake up early to tune in 😌

I remember when she started crocheting and she also taught her grand daughter how to crochet. She used to send me pictures of her flower beds, I used to love seeing them.

I am sure we will think of her with love and happy memories for the longest time, may she rest in peace.

Thanks for your post Linda.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Linda Ohio now GA, 22:44:33 09/21/17 Thu [1]

You are welcome Doreen. I send cards every so often to her hubby Jack and to her two daughters. Sherri, the one daughter, emails me every so often and I see her posts on Facebook. I used to send Sis a card at least every other day and she was filling up a wicker basket with them. She loved getting cards from me. Every so often she would send me a purchased card and include some bling for me to use, or she would send me some cardstock. She made me a beautiful crocheted scarf and bought a pewter colored pin to put on it. She was determined to get it sent to me before she died and she did. I got to talk with her when she was in the hospital just briefly. She was too weak to talk much. She went home and into Hospice care. Sherri kept me posted on her condition and emailed me when Sis died. I sure do miss her.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Thinking about... -- Doreen, 02:34:13 09/22/17 Fri [1]

❤️ (((Hugs)))

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.