VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:31:15 11/01/17 Wed
Author: Addy
Subject: Veteran's Day favors

We are having a honor night for the veterans in our group and I would like to give them a little gift. Don't want things like poppies, small flags....seen that given a lot.
Would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks in advance.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Addy, 00:04:21 11/02/17 Thu [1]

While I am asking, would appreciate any ideas to use for the program. I've got a nice reading thanking them for their service and sacrifices. Having all veterans and those serving now stand and give them a gift, then have the families of any soldiers who gave their life to stand, then have the families of all those serving and veterans stand and thank them. We will end the program by having a vet read the Empty Table Ceremony as other servicemen place the objects on the table. Can you think of anything else we can do or need to change?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Theresa, 00:37:22 11/05/17 Sun [1]

What is the Empty Table Ceremony?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Linda Ohio now GA, 12:35:15 11/02/17 Thu [1]

You might want to do a Google Image search for Veteran's Day Favors and also check on Pinterest.

An easy favor to make is a tent that holds a Hershey Nugget and on the front a simple circle that says Thank You. The tent is 5 inches long by 1 3/8 inches wide. Score at 1 inch, 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. Fold into a triangle tent shape. I used double sided tape to hold the nugget in. Glue the overlapping ends of the tent.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Addy, 22:08:45 11/02/17 Thu [1]

Thank you Linda. Thats a great idea. Most men don't want the trinkets to set around so I usually try to do something with something edible. Its a nice favor, not too costly or too hard to make.
Sometimes I try to think about it so much I have a mental block. I appreciate your help.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Linda Ohio now GA, 15:59:08 11/03/17 Fri [1]

You are welcome, Addy. I made my little tents with pumpkins on the front and everyone has liked them. I have some ready now with turkeys on the front for Thanksgiving. Everyone loves chocolate it seems. For Christmas it could be trees and for January is could be snowmen, February could be hearts, etc.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Veteran's Day favors -- Shirttails, 14:47:11 11/05/17 Sun [1]

go to sunflowerfriends.com

look under all printables.....lucky penny cards

How easy and sweet the lucky penny card is.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.