VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:25:44 12/30/17 Sat
Author: kathy
Subject: OT Facebook question

What does it mean, when a person on FB all of a sudden just stops posting and responding to other posts, but the green dot shows when they are on line and comments on my posts? Does that mean they have shut me out? Two (sisters) have done that on the same day in November, and they were posting a lot before. Even their friends are stopped on that date. It's weird and I don't want to ask them. Thanks for any help as I don't know much about FB. My brother is giving them family photos that I wanted and he wouldn't give me, so I know he has said bad things about me, but I don't understand this FB thing.
kathy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: OT Facebook question -- Lori Jean, 19:17:09 12/31/17 Sun [1]

There could be different reasons. Sometimes I'm online and I'm just "reading' posts and messages from my family and friends, but I'm not necessarily posting anything of my own or responding to posts. In that case, the little green dot would show that I was online, but it doesn't mean I'm actively posting or interacting with family and friends.

If family has blocked you from seeing all their posts and interactions with one another, you will see that person's name "bolded out" and you will be unable to click on their name when they post something.

There is also a way of posting where you can post something for only certain family members to see. Do you know where you click on the little box that says "What's On Your Mind" to post something? Well, once you click on that box, look at the bottom of the box where it says "Friends." If you click on "Friends" then a drop down box will pop up and give you choices. At the very bottom of the box, it says, "Friends except....." and you can type in the name of the person you don't want to see your post and it won't show up for them.

I sure hope this helps!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: OT Facebook question -- kathy, 19:36:11 01/02/18 Tue [1]

Thanks, that helped. I'm old and just don't understand this stuff!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: OT Facebook question -- Lori Jean, 16:55:26 01/04/18 Thu [1]

That's okay, I had to learn too! I'm fairly new myself. I've only been on FB for a couple of years.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.