VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: looking for 1980's black Tonka Pick-up

Author:
NYMegan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:58:49 01/07/08 Mon

My son is 28 years old (born 1979). when he was very young, before kindergarten probably in 1983 or 1984, he traveled with us to India while we did business. Since we were there for a few weeks, he had a few fav toys to amuse him. His black Tonka pick-up truck was one. It was not tiny or huge, but "average" in size. If you pulled it back and then pushed a small yellow button on the hood it sprang forward.

We did business with a nice family in Bombay. They had a lovely son whom my son played with for a few days.

Before we left India, I suggested we give this Indian boy the black Tonka truck and I promised to replace it when we got home to NYC. (in those days India had virtually NO imports and a toy like that would have been something no one would ever had laid eyes on there). Nico reluctantly agreed. When we returned home 2 weeks later, I was unable to find another of the same model truck again. My son was crushed, it had been his favorite.
He's grown up now, of course, and a very good and kind man, an officer in the Merchant Marine and a scientist, BUT one day soon I'd LOVE to present him with THAT truck again.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: looking for 1980's black Tonka Pick-upJim15:48:14 08/18/10 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.