VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

SHRUBSOLE & Related Families Message Board
Welcome to this message board set up for those researching the SHRUBSOLE family name and other related families. Post your missing links, brick walls or queries and hopefully you will get some feedback. Good luck. Sandra.
Return to Sandra's Shrubsole Family Tree

Subject: John Shrubsole

Author:
Carianne Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:38 05/16/06 Tue

I would be very interested to see if I have any connection to the Shrubsoles that are mentioned here.

My Great Grandfather, named Percy Shrubsole (from Kent), was a choirboy for the Caterbury Cathedral, had 2 sisters who lived in Folkston and fought in the first World War. He Married a woman named Winnifred in the late 1800's (1901 has been mentioned) and had 3 children, the 2nd child being my Grandfather John Shrubsole (the other two children being Lou (oldest) and Kathleen (youngest). They immigrated to Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba) in 1928, then moved to Vancouver, British Columbia shortly after. Percy passed in 1942, not certain about my great grand mother but I can easily retrieve the info.

If it helps, my grandfather used to mention quite often that he came from a long line of Butchers, he being one himself until he retired. He, married my grandmother, Martha Vant and had 3 children, 2 daughters and a son, the son (middle child) being my Father, John Kenneth Shrubsole (Diana - Oldest, Shirley - Youngest).

Look forward to your responses - Thank you

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: shrubsole ancestors

Author:
David Deveson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:29:31 02/23/06 Thu

I am endeavouring to research my Family, a daunting project.
Annie Shrubsole married to Frederick Deveson. Mother of, William, David (my father) and Mary. I believe that Annie had a sister Lal? who spent the last years of her life at Stalisfield. Any comments appreciated.

David Deveson

Replies:
Subject: SHRUBSOLE/PALMER

Author:
June Bozier
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:08:03 03/02/06 Thu

Has anyone come across a connection between SHRUBSOLE/SHRUBSALL and PALMER? I am interested in a George PALMER, a baker of Sheernes who named his sons Charles Shrubsole/Shrubsall, Alfred Shrubsole/Shrubsall and George Shrubsole/Shrubsall PALMER. Charles and George were both confectioners. The sons were born at the beginning of the 1800s.

Replies:
Subject: Tom Shrubsole

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:27:43 09/29/06 Fri

Hi I am a Shrubsole, born and now living in Bath. I would like to know if anyone knows where our name is from?

Replies:
Subject: Cyril Shrubsole

Author:
Dave Newton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:15:09 03/21/06 Tue

Does anyone know of a Cyril Shrubsole who married a Myra Newton in about 1928 in Horsforth, Yorkshire, England.

It is possible that Cyril died in about 1943 with his family at the hands of the Japanese occupying forces.

I am related to Myra and researching my Newton family tree.

Replies:
Subject: Charles Shrubsole & Eliza A. Gambell and family of Kent

Author:
Mary Thit
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:25 08/24/02 Sat

Any further information about this family will be gratefully received -

Charles Shrubsole b. c 1832 Teynham, Kent
+ Eliza A. Gambell b. c 1837 Lenham, Kent
known children all born in Kent are -

Annie Shrubsole b. c1866 Teynham
Elizabeth Shrubsole b. c1868 Teynham
Mercy Shrubsole b. c1870 Lenham
Edwin Shrubsole b. c1877 High St. Lenham

Replies:
Subject: A descendant of John Shrubsole and Ann Clements m 10.07.1809

Author:
Suzanne Allen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:13:06 01/25/06 Wed

Hi! Here are the details of how I fit in with the Shrubsole family tree. Some of these details are courtesy of Sandra's wonderful website.
John Shrubsole (b.?)& Ann Clements (b.1788) (Monks Horton)-- Thomas Shrubsole Monks Horton (1832)m. Maria Matcham(1846 - Hyde)
- Peter Shrubsole (b.1856)Folkestone m. Rebecca West(1879 Folkestone)
- (Harriet (Rose) Shrubsole (b.08.03.1884)m. Thomas Palmer (circa 1911 Gravesend
- Herbert Thomas Palmer (b.06.02.1913) m. Doris Inward 1946 Gravesend
- Susan Margaret Palmer -ME!
If you wish to contact me feel free. I am particularly interested in hearing from any grandchildren of my grandmother Rose (Harriet's) brothers and sisters who I have never met or had any contact with. She was one of 12 children, lived in Kent all her life, as did most of them, yet I never met any of them or their children. How strange.
Yours,
Suzanne Allen

Replies:
Subject: Looking for information on Peter Shrubsole who was married to Rebecca West

Author:
Tina Shimmen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:04 04/03/13 Wed

Hi I am looking for information on my Great Grand dad's sister Rebecca West who married Peter Shrubsole from Folkstone. They had their own child as well as looking after her yonger brother George West.

Subject: Hi every one

Author:
Stacey Ann Shrubsole (Empty)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:24:12 01/24/11 Mon

My name is STACEY ANN SHRUBSOLE I am 18 years old i'm looking for my dad iv never meet him and I would really like to find him and see if I have any other family out there his name is IVAN WILLIAM ALFRED SHRUBSOLE he was 22 years when I was born so he was born 1971 born in WOODVILLE SA the last place I known that he was when I was born was CAMPBELLTOWN NSW AUSTRALIA i'm really hoping I can find you dad.
If anyone has any info on the where abouts or weather he is alive please let me know.
Thank you.
staceybennett@hotmail.com.au

Replies:
Subject: Shrubsole Palmer

Author:
John Palmer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:24 10/07/12 Sun

Hi All
I am looking for help with working out how and where and why the names Shrubsole Palmer were merged.
My 5th Great Grandfather was a Mathisson Palmer b1748 Minster he had a son George Shrubsole Palmer B1780 Minster ,George had a son William Shrubsole Palmer b 30 Dec 1802 Sheerness ,William had a sister MaryAnn Palmer b1805 and two brothers George Shrubsole Palmer b 1814 and Charles Shrubsole Palmer b1816.
I am researhing all these but would love to know anything anyone has on these people.I live in Australia.
Cheers John Palmer

Subject: I AM JOSIE SHRUBSOLE (born 24.12.52 -

Author:
josie SHRUBSOLE (HAPPY)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:15:44 06/02/12 Sat

MY FATHER WAS KEITH SHRUBSOLE OF BALAKLAVA SOUTH AUST. HIS PARENTS WERE NORMAN SHRUBSOLE AND ELISIE (nee ROBERTS) ONE BROTHER JAMES, AND SISTER THELMA

Subject: Alfred Shrubsole Horn

Author:
Sue Horn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:37 10/01/02 Tue

This man started his life as Alfred Shrubsall born 1808. He was the son of George Shrubsall and Elizabeth Horn of Queenborough, Kent. He had two older brothers, William and George. On his marriage certificate he is known as Alfred Shrubsole Horn and one of his witnesses was George Shrubsole Horn (brother/father I don't know as they both were George). Two generations on he had dropped his father's surname and the family were then known as HORN. So I could have been a Mrs Shrubsole/Shrubsall and not Horn!!

Sue Horn

Replies:
Subject: Shrubsole family

Author:
John Hayhurst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:34 11/04/09 Wed

When I was a youngster (1940's), I remember my father mentioning a "Charlie Shrubsole" several times. We lived in Brantford, Ontario Canada, ( the 1941 or 1951 Census of Canada are not published for 90 years after taking!) The 1980 telephone book has an "H.G.Shrubsole at R.R.#3, Paris, Ontario Canada," but none listed for Brantford. Incidentally, my mother was born in Iwade, Kent,(Dorothy Murrell -1908), and immigrated to Canada, just in time for her father to enlist and return to England and the Western Front.

Replies:
Subject: SWINDAIL FAMILY

Author:
Les de Belin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:24:56 03/04/03 Tue

I see in your records you have Ruth Rebecca Shrubsole marrying William Matthew Swindail. I am very interested in the Swindail family name, and if anybody has information on this line it would be appreciated.

I have just made contact with David & Maggie Swindail who are descended from William and Ruth, but anybody else who is able to help, please contact me, thanks. I'm really after information on the Swindails who left England and arrived in New Zealand and Australia in the 1880's, however, any Swindail name will do for a starter just to try to find some link.

Replies:
Subject: your dad

Author:
ivan (sad n happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:28 10/26/11 Wed

hi iam in south aust.i was a horrible person back in the 80s 90s,i dont know what to say you have another little brother michael shrubsole .your great grandmother always mentions you,she will be over the moon. im so sorry ive missed you growing up ,your auntie tracy found your message and told me. must go not much of a writer and very nervous bye for now.

Replies:
Subject: family

Author:
William Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:04 09/10/02 Tue

Dear Mrs Shrubsole,
Ihave browsed through your website and was wondering if you were related to an Ivan Shrubsole, if so can you please e-mail me.

Replies:
Subject: Richardson Shrubsall and Caroline Redshaw

Author:
Donna Benoska
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:14 03/02/06 Thu

Richardson Shrubsall, b. 1814 in Milton, Kent, England, m.
Caroline Redshaw, b. 1816 in Milton, Kent, England. Have information on their descendants but nothing past Richard and Caroline, my third great-grandparents. One of their sons, James, b. 1855 in Milton, Kent, England, and his wife, Emma Butler, b. 1856 in Murston, Kent, England, moved to Canada in the early 1900's. I would appreciate any information on the above as I have had no luck so far in finding anything on Richard and Caroline. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Rev Stanley Shrubsole and Alison Shrubsole

Author:
Felicity Cleaves
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:06 09/21/06 Thu

I am a member of Highbury Congregational Church, Cheltenham where the Rev. Stanley Shrubsole was Minister from 1913 to 1920. He moved to Sutton, Surrey then where I believe his daughter Alison was born. After a time in Kenya, where Stanley died, Alison finished her working life as Principal of Homerton College, Cambridge. I owuld be glad of any information about either but particuallry Stanley.

Replies:
Subject: Relation in South Africa

Author:
Dave Furness
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:22 10/29/11 Sat

I am married to Pauline Shrubsole daughter of Minnie Sarah Violet Shrubsole of Milton Portsmouth your father would be my wifes cousin.

Subject: RosalindDowning ( Nee BLAND.)

Author:
Carole Grubb )mayhave married since school days, (Hopefull ,)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:25:55 10/07/11 Fri

does anyone know the old school friend of mine named Carole Grubb. She will be around 68years old (God Willing)was my best friend at Westwood Girls School Honey End lane Tilehurst Reading very sporty,and athaletic,we often trained at palmer park Reading together.Ibelieve her gran lived somewhere up Shepherd House Hill.I used to live at 14 Wantage Road, Reading,until I got married..

Subject: Links to the Kingston Shrubsoles

Author:
Graham and Julie Horn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:56 10/10/04 Sun

Julie's 2x greatgrandfather is Robert Francis Shrubsole (1848-1899) who was born in Kingston. His father is William Shrubsole (c.1811/12-188) who is recorded as a banker and could be the Mayor of Kingston 1849 (we are still checking). So, although these are not the Kent Shrubsole's we hope you don't mind us recording a Kingston connection on your message board in case anyone has any further information.
Great site, very informative, thanks
Graham and Julie

Replies:
Subject: Family confusions!!!!

Author:
Lucy Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:22 08/03/04 Tue

Hello. I am Lucy. I am 17 and from cheriton, Kent. My dad is colin shrubsole and his father is Peter Shrubsole. I just wanted to talk to all you other Shrubsoles and see what you are like! Lucy x

Replies:
Subject: SHRUBSOLE Elizabeth

Author:
Rosie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:21 04/16/04 Fri

I have a greatx4 grandmother Elizabeth Shrubsole who married Walter STUNT in 1772. I have a photograph of a painting of her. She was born at Paradise Farm Hartlip and died Sittingbourne. Would appreciate any information of these SHRUBSOLE and STUNT connections.

Subject: Family of Stanley A. H. Shrubsole of Maidstone, Kent (1911-2002)

Author:
Robert Wood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:22:05 02/12/06 Sun

I have just started searching for information about the relatives of my wife Anna (née Shrubsole), b.1938, eldest daughter of S.A.H. Shrubsole, b.1911 at Maidstone, Kent. I have begun exploring the 1851-1901 censuses - and am coming to terms with the various misspellings of the surname (Shubole, Shrubosh, Shrubsoh, Shrubsell, Shrubeob, Shrubsale, and Shrubsob so far - all of them due to the indexer misreading the original).
I'd be glad to hear from anyone interested in this branch of the family.

Subject: Sarah Ann Schrubsole

Author:
Paulette Collins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:04:00 01/05/06 Thu

I am related to Sarah married to Edward Raines in 1881, Eastling,Kent. My Grand Mother was Sarah kate Raines married to William Edward Collins.
Sarah and Edward had 4 children - Ellen, Agnes,Walter and Gertrude. I also note a Thomas Collins marrying a Catherine Mary (Could be Mary Catherine) Shrubsole so interested to see if there is a connection as I have yet to connect Thomas to my tree.My e mail is prasmussen@lambeth.gov.uk

Subject: Shirley Shrubsole

Author:
Hazel Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:36 03/02/04 Tue

My father-in-law was Shirley Shrubsole b 4.5.1908 he died in the late 70's. He married Eva Hester/Esther Batt in the 30's.
I know nothing of his parents but with a name like Shirley maybe it won't be to hard to trace. I'm just not sure where to begin as I'm new to this.

He was certainly born in Kent and I seem to remember him
mentioning Pluckley.

Anything would be fantastic. Thankyou

Replies:
Subject: William Shrubsole

Author:
julie sandy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:38 02/17/08 Sun

I am a Shrubsole from Whyalla, South Australia. Don't know much about our family history. My grandfather was William Francis Shrubsole married Isabel Ruby Radford. He was one of 13 siblings. Does any one have any information on this part of the Shrubsole family?

Replies:
Subject: NEWS OF PETER AND CHARLES SHRUBSOLE 1926.

Author:
WESLEY ARTHUR SHRUBSOLE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:47 12/19/02 Thu

I AM THE SON OF PETER SHRUBSOLE, BORN 1926.Son of Charles Tomas Shrubsole from hawkinge kent. He was known by the nickname "CT" Does anyone have more information on my granddad?

Replies:
Subject: Shrubsalls of Milton and Hartwell

Author:
Sandra Oxley (nee Shrubsall)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:18 10/12/03 Sun

I have been researching my late father's family tree for some time. Sorry can't find any links related to message board. I would really like some contact with living members of our family. I was corresponding with the only relative we knew of, Lydia Shrubsall (known as Molly) in Nelson, New Zealand but as that has ceased I fear she has passed away.Most recent entries are: Lizzie Clara, William, George Henry,Eleanor, Helena Anna, Frank Wallace, Edgar Averille,Arthur Andrew William and Percy; all born "Shrubsall" between 1870 and 1891, mostly in Margate. If there is anyone out there I am more than willing to share what information I have gleaned going back to William and Phyllis Shrubsall of Hartlip who died 1681 and 1678 respectively.
Thanks in advance

Replies:
Subject: James Edward Shrubsole - Family Update

Author:
Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:45 01/14/06 Sat

I have made some progress on James Edward SHRUBSOLE he was the son of George SHRUBSOLE & Mary
George was b 1793 Maidstone, Kent Occ Blacksmith & Beer Shop Keeper & Mary b 1797 Hollingbourne, Kent.
James siblings were:
William b 1828 Maidstone, Kent
Caroline b 1834 Maidstone, Kent

Charlotte Caroline SHRUBSOLE m 1892 Charles Ransley TANTON b 1868 Tunbridge, Kent and they had a son Arthur Ramsley TANTON b Epsom, Surrey.

It appears they must of divorced, as 1901 Charlotte was living with her parents.

Charlotte m Charles Stuart H ROBARTS 1910 Surrey.
Charles TANTON m Kate Beatrice PALMER 1907 Surrey

If anyone can make a connection please contact me.
Regards Cheryl

Replies:
Subject: ANN SHRUBSOLE 1827/30

Author:
WENDY
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:26 10/04/10 Mon

hi im looking to find any connection to ann shrubsole 1827/30
who is my 3x great grandmother she comes from teynham and married john e seager in 1851 after cencus,i am lead to belive her perants are charles shrubsole 1802 mother mary ?? 1801 she also had three brothers thomas,john,charles and four sisters sarah,charlotte,mary and eliza if i have got the right cencus that it

can any one help

wendy

Subject: Brothers

Author:
Faith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:43:39 07/12/10 Mon

Hello Im looking for Billy (William) or his brother Ivan Shrubsole who lived in Adelaide and Strathalbyn when they were younger and may have also been in Gawler South Australia. They went to my primary school - Blair Athol Primary in the 80's.

Thanks Faith Marshall (Rosewarne)

Subject: SHRUBSOLE WEBSITE

Author:
Sandra Collins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:39:41 06/18/10 Fri

My website http://www.shrubsolefamilytree may be off air for a month to six weeks. We are in the process of moving house & it seems our current ISP cannot accommodate us with what we require at the new address. We are therefore trying to sort something else out but it means I will have to reload the website to a different hosting site & this will take me time. It also means any posts made here will not be authorised until I get back on line either. I will be back, so please check regularly. Happy ancestor hunting

Subject: Wherabouts of Linda Payne?

Author:
Sandra Collins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:53:38 11/28/04 Sun

If Linda Payne reads this, or anybody who knows her current e-mail address, could they please contact me. There is somebody who would like to make contact with her regarding her branch of the Shrubsole family, and the e-mail address we have for her bounces.

Subject: Hello from Devon

Author:
Dave Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:49:08 11/16/04 Tue

Hi, I am David Shrubsole - I live in Devon now, but moved here from the Surrey area where I was born in 1951.My dad is called Ronald Maurice Shrubsole, and was from Maidenhead, born in 1917. My dad had a brother Geoff (maybe Jeff) who died in the 2nd world war, and two sisters Grace and Rene, all older than him. Geoff married Margaret and had a son called John who had an fatal accident in Africa, maybe in the late 1960's/early 1970's. I have heard that my ancestors are from the Faversham area. I have been married for 26 years to Sue and we have two children who continue our branch of the Shrubsole name, a daughter Hanna and a son Daley. Any news regarding a family link would be appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: Mabel Kate Shrubsole, b 1890's, Kent, died 1928 Milton next Sittingbourne

Author:
Dr HB Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:02 02/08/06 Wed

I'm researching the family of my 2nd cousin who's Mother, Mabel Kate Shrubsole married Ernest Alfred German in 1915, but died in 1928 at the time of his birth. He's an old man now and knows nothing of his Mother's family except the following:
They lived in Milton next Sittingbourne where someone in the family had a drapery. She had a brother, Ernest, and another, Richard. Richard went to Canada, fought with the Canadians in the 1st WW, married a Canadian and eventually returned to Milton next Sittingbourne in Kent, where he and his wife adopted orphans, including one called Mary still alive and living in Upchurch, Kent, but too confused to be helpful. Can anyone shed any light on this family?

Replies:
Subject: Mary Shrubsole m. Samuel Barker Booth

Author:
J P Swann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:56 01/31/04 Sat

My great great grandmother Mary Shrubsole married a Rochester (Kent, UK) solicitor, and my grandmother (the youngest(?) of 7) was born in 1867. I believe Mary's mother's maiden name was Wright. If you can link her anywhere, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Subject: henry morland Shrubsall

Author:
Shaun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:52:30 01/18/10 Mon

Hallo i am searching for Henry Morland shrubsall father of William george (ca1883) in Southwark london.
any help would be appreciated.
Shaun

Subject: William Shrubsole

Author:
Veronica Cox
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:07 07/22/09 Wed

Hi,
My mother-in -law was a Shrubsole she was the youngest of 13
and had a brother called William we think his childrens names were Glen and Diane

Subject: Harriet SHRUBSOLE

Author:
Lynn Nugent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:50:00 09/25/02 Wed

I don't have much to go on, just her name! Does anyone have a Harriet in their tree who would have been born abt.1809? She married Charles PREBBLE in Elmstead on 9th June 1829. Charles was born in Elham in 1799 and died in Elmstead in 1878.
Looking forward to many responses!

Replies:
Subject: Dr Shrubsole c 1930 England

Author:
Tony Bernard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:13:42 02/19/09 Thu

I have a picture from c 1930 on board a ship going to or coming from South Africa. My great aunt is with a Dr Shrubsole, male, probably late fiftys.
Nay info?
Thanks.
Tony

Subject: Maytom Family

Author:
Colin Maytom (Hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:28:06 12/18/08 Thu

hi there - i have seen the message addressed by Lana Maytom and am interested in building my family tree. I believe that all maytoms are related and originally from Kent UK ?

regards Colin

Subject: sidney shrubsall died 1958

Author:
sidney claude shrubsall
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:13 06/25/08 Wed

i would like to know if there is anyone who rembers him he was a chartered accountant in the 50s he was my father but i never knew his family i believe he lived with a phyllis sargent who was my mother but recently i discovered they were nt married she went under the name jean dont know why there are so many mysteries surrounding them can someone help

Replies:
Subject: Apologies for delay

Author:
Sandra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:16:23 04/01/08 Tue

Apologies to everybody for the delay in authorising the postings. I have had recurrent technical problems & have had difficulty access the site. [I have the authorisation mode so as to prevent the spammers and pornography sites posting here, so there will always be a slight delay from your posting to be able to view it.] However hopefully all is now functioning normally.
I do hope you keep the postings coming as it is a really good way of making contact with previously unknown members of your extended family.
Maisie if you're reading this have you looked at the section on my website of 'Other Shrubsole's' - it might give you a taster of 'famous' Shrubsoles!
Good luck to all of you in your quest to hunt down your ancestors and living relatives & please when you do have success make a posting and share it with us.
Sandra

Subject: Swindail/Johnson

Author:
William Elias Swindail
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:19:25 04/02/07 Mon

I would be interested to hear if anyone has any information on the Swindail family in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. (? 1930's - 1940's) William Elias Swindail married Elsie Johnson (probably also of Hanley.

Replies:
Subject: Rebecca Shrubsole nee West

Author:
lana maytom (where are they to day)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:21:54 11/23/07 Fri

would anyone know what happened to the children of peter and Rebecca Shrubsole nee west
Rebecca was my gt aunt
they had quite a few children the last one David being b in 1905
where are there grandchildren!
they would be the same age as my self.
i would love to get in touch.
cheers lana.

Subject: Eliza Ann Shrubsole

Author:
Hazel Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:26 12/12/06 Tue

Hi. I'm trying to trace the ancestors of Eliza Ann Shrubsole, b ~1842. She married Benjamin Jemmett on Aug. 8th 1861 at St Mary of Charity, Faversham and quoted her father's name as George Shrubsole. They had 12 children. Can anyone help?

Replies:
Subject: Mary Shrubsole

Author:
Jackie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:41 10/04/05 Tue

I am looking for any info on Mary Shrubsole who married a farmer, Robert Gurney. I now have been told that her father was a James Shrubsole, a saddler from Canterbury and married a Mary Smith on the 21/12/1784 at Seasalter. I have been tracing the Gurney side of the family and now have started on the maiden names. Any info would be most welcome.

Kind Regards
Jackie.

Replies:
Subject: Harry Shrubsole b 1885

Author:
Diane Martin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:21:15 11/20/06 Mon

Hi i am hoping someone can help me i am looking for any information regarding my great grandfather Harry Shrubsole married Annie Hawkins (died 1925) they had 2 children Jean and Harry he then remarried i think to Caroline and they had another child called Caroline. He lived in Lyndisfarne St Carlisle and worked as a tram inspector.I would love to hear from any shrubsoles I live in Northern Ireland and have had no joy in my searches.

Subject: Shrubsole, shrubshell, shrupshell,

Author:
Julie Hull
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:44 10/27/06 Fri

I am looking for who i believed was Cathering Shrubsole, who i have found listed as Shrupshell???? she married John Baker and had a daughter Catherine and Elizabeth catherine married Michael Ryan. does anyone have any info. they lived in Lambeth but i do not know of birth place

Subject: I am a Shrubsole

Author:
Jay Paul Shrubsole.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:21:32 09/25/03 Thu

I am a Shrubsole I live in Wimbledon SW London .

Replies:
Subject: finding Florence Bedolfe

Author:
Hazel Hyde
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:38 02/12/06 Sun

finding a link to Charles SHRUBSOLE son of Charles Shrubsole and his wife F. Cheever Beadle (Bedfole) Shrubsole. Charles snr died and she married a man called Adams who raised young Charles.

Subject: Shrubsole Family tree

Author:
Paul Bodill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:20 01/01/06 Sun

Hello all Shrubbies, I am Paul in England (UK) & my mother's maiden name is Shrubsole. Her direct family originate from Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, the East End of London & Romford in Essex. I have some information related to Shrubsole ancestry in Kingston going back approx. 250 years & also Shrubsole's based in New York, USA. My relatives are all very practical people in profession & many are also talented musicians, especially pianists. I would love to hear from any Shrubsole's accross the globe as I am currently tracing my family roots...good to know there is somewhere we can all communicate. Kind Regards Paul

Subject: Shrubole's of Luton, Kent

Author:
Alison de Wit
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:44 07/12/05 Tue

My mother is a Shrubole by birth, Joan Margaret (now Waghorn), born 31 March 1931. My maternal grandmother was Martha Amy Shrubole, nee Webb, born 1900, died 1993. My maternal grandfather was William Shrubsole, died 1969, and he had 7 or 8 siblings. My great grandparents, who died prior to my birth in 1957, were also resident in Luton, Kent. This is as far back as I am aware of and always interested in any information on lineage. My name is Alison de Wit (nee Waghorn, also of Luton, Kent) and I have lived in Virginia in the United States for most of the past 25 years. Thank you. Alison de Wit

Subject: George and/or Ralph Shrubsole of Elyria, Ohio

Author:
Cheryl Pote
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:19 07/06/05 Wed

My grandfather,Ralph Shrubsole's grandfather was Henry Shrubsole of Barnham, England. His son, George Shrubsole moved to Elyria, Ohio. in the 1890's. Looking for possible relations.

Replies:
Subject: Susannah Shrubsole

Author:
Kim Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:17 10/19/05 Wed

I am seeking information on Susannah Shrubsole, b.1735 in Broomfield (by Milton?). She married Arthur Honey in 1754 in Broomfield. Her father was Thomas, b. 1702. I would be interested in any information on this family.

Subject: Ransley

Author:
Beulah Caswell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:49 10/16/05 Sun

Are the Ransleys on this site related to the Ransleys of Ruckinge, Mersham, Biddenden, Sheppey or Boughton Aluph? Some of these were members of the 'The Blues', & sent to Australia. Others followed.
Elizabeth Mary Ransley is in my family tree,and she is descended from James Byham Ransley.

Subject: James Edward Shrubsole

Author:
Cheryl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:55:23 07/07/05 Thu

James was born in Maidstone, Kent, England abt 1837 and he married Margaret CAIRNS in New Zealand 6 February 1864.
On the 1881 Census he was a Hotelkeeper, the "Bull Hotel", Wrotham, Kent, England 1972-1890 and they had a daughter Charlotte Caroline SHRUBSOLE b 1868.
If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Subject: James Shrubsoles father

Author:
Reg Doble
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:14 02/23/05 Wed

Together with Jean Standish we have made progress on James' father a Thomas Shrubsole, Smith, of Canterbury, and now have a copy of Thomas' will. Thomas was born circa 1715.

Subject: Charlotte Shrubsole

Author:
Vicky Kavanagh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:38:38 09/12/04 Sun

Hi all, I am trying to locate any other relations of the Charlotte Shrubsole born around 1857 (died 28.1.1942) in Milton near Sittingbourne, or Bapchild. All I know of her is that she married Amos Spice of Bapchild Kent and had 9 children, two of which are my great great grandmothers. She also had a twin sister with an unusual name, but is only vaguely remembered as aunt Arty. Any help in tracing her parents and/or siblings would be greatly appreciated. I'm in Australia, so you out here are my only hope! Thanks everyone!

Subject: John Mount

Author:
Delma McDonald\
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:06 08/27/04 Fri

reviewing your family tree, I was interested to find the name MOUNT, I have a John Mount married to Mary Beer on Dec. 3, 1814, it would appear as if both John & Mary were widowed , they have children, Charlotte, brn.6/5/1821, Joseph brn. 19/3/1815, d.24/4/1816, Edward brn.12/1/1817, Ann brn. 6/12/1818 &Sarah brn. 27/7/1823
Hope this is of some help to you

Subject: Charles SHRUBSOLE b ca 1802

Author:
Wendy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:15 04/01/04 Thu

I am looking for details of any of the following people, in particular details of Charles' parents & grandparents. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.
Charles SHRUBSOLE b ca 1802 Chartham, a Schoolteacher [he is very possibly the son of John & Elizabeth Shrubsole and baptised 1.12.1802 at Chartham]. He died 8 2 1842 in the parish of St Peter, Sandwich. Charles married Elizabeth Frances COLEMAN, of St Peter Sandwich in 1827. Elizabeth was one of the children of Benjamin & Frances COLEMAN. Charles & Elizabeth had a daughter Eleanor Coleman SHRUBSOLE who married a James William RICHARDSON.

Subject: Shrubsole

Author:
Christine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:48:14 10/14/03 Tue

My grandfather was John Shurbsole his wife was Elizabeth, I believe he worked in the newspaper industry. His wife died in about 1920 I believe, they had four children named John (Jack) Vera, Winifred and Joan. Joan is now 95. I am going to see what she can remember about the family history. I do not know if my grandfather had any brother or sisters, does anyone out there know?

Subject: SHRUBSOLE

Author:
DEREK & EMMA SHRUBSOLE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:24:44 06/14/03 Sat

I am researching my family history and would greatly appreciate it if any body else has any information on ERNEST JAMES SHRUBSOLE BORN(1945), ETHEL WINIFRED SHRUBSOLE BORN(1913) OR ELLEN MARGARET SHRUBSOLE DIED(1936). Concentrating on Faversham and Rochester area.
Thanks in advance.

Subject: JANE SHRUBSALE/SHRUBSOLE WITNESS IN WEDDING 1830 IN FORDWICH

Author:
TRISH ABEL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:26:50 05/11/03 Sun

I have a Jane SHRUBSALE/SHRUBSOLE as a witness to my great great great grandparents, John SMITH and Elizabeth FRYER'S wedding in Fordwich on the 11th November, 1830. I would be very grateful if anyone would know anything about these people at all.

Subject: James and Elizabeth Shrubsole

Author:
Jean Standish
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:37 01/27/03 Mon

Does anyone have a James Shrubsole of Canterbury circa 1700 in their family tree? His wife is Elizabeth and children David, Elizabeth, Stephen, William, Ann, and Sarah.Looking for a link to my branch of the Shrubsole tree. Also looking for links to James Shrubsole, blacksmith of Canterbury circa 1720.

Subject: relations of george shrubsole .

Author:
cheryl pote
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:37:44 01/22/03 Wed

Any relations of George shrubsole. Family moved from kent Eng to elyria, Ohio in the us in the early l900s.

Subject: Shrubsoles in Canada

Author:
Geoff Radnor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:14 11/04/02 Mon

Just found at least 30 Shrubsoles families listed on the 411 web site in canada.
However I am interested in Edwin Diwell whose wife was Rosa Emma Shrubsole, he was in Hamilton Ontario in 1913.

Regards
Geoff Radnor

Subject: Elizabeth Shrubsole(shell)

Author:
Mick McAllister
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:56 09/02/02 Mon

Elizabeth SHRUBSOLE(SHELL) was born at Selling in 1760, married William JOHNCOCK 3/2/1781 at Selling. They had 4 children, one Elizabeth(JOHNCOCK) married into the BUNTING family in 1799. Other info welcome.

Subject: James Shrubsole born circa 1760-70

Author:
Reg Doble
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:54 09/01/02 Sun

James was a saddler and harness maker in Canterbury up to mid 1800's. He appears on list of Freemen of Canterbury 1801-1835 as having been made a Freeman before that time. Would love to extend knowledge of James and family back.

Subject: John Shrubsole b. 1770 m Catherine Taylor 1791

Author:
Denise Brough (nee Shrubsole)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:20 08/25/02 Sun

I think John was born in Barham. I am trying to find his parents. Can anyone help?

Thanks. Denise

Subject: Mary SHRUBSOLE

Author:
Clive Challis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:41 08/25/02 Sun

All I have on my SHRUBSOLE ancestor's is the marriage of Mary SHRUBSOLE to Daniel CORKE on 22 October 1808 in Favesrsham, Kent.

Would be interested in any information on Mary & her family.

Subject: Shrubsole/Shrubsul

Author:
John & Ann Shrubsole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:32:01 08/25/02 Sun

My 6 x Grandmother Ann Shrusole married Stephen Foreman at Canterbury in 1739 They were both born at Waltham, Stephen in 1713 and Ann on the 2/12/1716. After marriage they lived at Stouting. Ann's parents are recorded as John & Ann Shrubsole in the Parish Records. John & Ann also had a son Thomas born at Waltham 28/11/1714 surname listed Shrubsul.
Would like more information on John, Ann & Thomas if possible. John & Ann do not appear to be born at Waltham.
Sunshine and rainbows to everyone.
Ron Foreman

Subject: John Shrubsole born circa 1766

Author:
Sandra Collins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:10:05 08/24/02 Sat

I will start this message board off by posting my 'most wanted' Shrubsole - John, my gtx3 grandfather.
He married Ann Clements in Monks Horton in 1809. Ann was buried in Monks Horton in 1828 aged 40 making her birth circa 1788. John was buried in Monks Horton in 1832 aged 66 making his birth circa 1766, although I have long suspected his age may be wrong.
I haven't yet found the baptism of either John or Ann and am currently researching the parishes around the Monks Horton area.
If anybody has any information on either John or Ann I would dearly love to hear from them.
Thank you.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.