VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Shrubsole family

Author:
John Hayhurst
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:32:34 11/04/09 Wed

When I was a youngster (1940's), I remember my father mentioning a "Charlie Shrubsole" several times. We lived in Brantford, Ontario Canada, ( the 1941 or 1951 Census of Canada are not published for 90 years after taking!) The 1980 telephone book has an "H.G.Shrubsole at R.R.#3, Paris, Ontario Canada," but none listed for Brantford. Incidentally, my mother was born in Iwade, Kent,(Dorothy Murrell -1908), and immigrated to Canada, just in time for her father to enlist and return to England and the Western Front.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Charles Shrubsole

Author:
Ann Thomas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:24:01 12/01/11 Thu

Charles and brother Herbert G are the sons of Albert Ernest (poss Ernest Albert) and Lydia Ethel nee Evershed. Lydia was my grandmother's sister and emigrated to Ontario around 1912/13. They lived in Ontario Street, Brantford when young. Albert died 1966 and Lydia 1980.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Subject Charles Shrubsole

Author:
H. G. Shrubsole aka Bert (Reply to Ann Thomas)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:18 05/01/12 Tue

>When I was a youngster (1940's), I remember my father
>mentioning a "Charlie Shrubsole" several times. We
>lived in Brantford, Ontario Canada, ( the 1941 or 1951
>Census of Canada are not published for 90 years after
>taking!) The 1980 telephone book has an "H.G.Shrubsole
>at R.R.#3, Paris, Ontario Canada," but none listed for
>Brantford. Incidentally, my mother was born in Iwade,
>Kent,(Dorothy Murrell -1908), and immigrated to
>Canada, just in time for her father to enlist and
>return to England and the Western Front.
Charles Shrubsole is my brother and id now living in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. He doesnot have e-mail and I find that he difficult to contact. I hear from him a Christmas and not much else. He just turned 81 on the 25 April.
I am living in Branttford for part of the year and in Nashville, Tennessee USA for the rest of the year. I will be 79 in this month.
I have a cousin living in British Columbia who has researched the Shrubsole Family extensively. She will be comming to Brantford to celibrate her 95th birthday with my wife and myself and possibly my son, who is employed at Cedarville University, from Cedarville Ohio, USA
If you would like I would try to find out any info. that you would need.
There was also a Shrubsole family living in the St. Mary's area of Ontario in the 1940's and early 1950'. They were no direct relationship to my family. I do not know where the family dispersed to, other than there was one son who lived in the Ottawa, Ontario area.
There was also a Dr. Shrubsole who was a prof. at University of Western Ontario in London Ontario.
Cheers; Bert Shrubsolr

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.