Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Robin Bradford
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:12:25 05/18/03 Sun

Does anyone know anything abouth the Volunteer Arms Co.
I have a 410 shotgun made by them and would like to find out how it is.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:33:49 06/02/03 Mon

Volunteer Arms Co. was a trade name of Belknap Hardware and Manufacturing, a large wholesale/retail in Louisville, KY. It operated under that name from 1907 until 1986. The Volunteer Arms Co single barrel shotguns were actually the Iver Johnson Champion model. The Champion was manufactured from c. 1909 until the mid 1970's.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Sheryl C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:27 07/11/03 Fri

My son bought a 12 gauge shotgun by Volunteer Arms Company, a few years ago and has been looking everywhere to find out more about it. Could you please tell me how he can find out more about his gun?

Thanks,
Sheryl C

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:24 07/15/03 Tue

He can look in the library for "Standard Catalog of Firearms", "Price Guide for Antique and Modern Firearms", and all the other books on that shelf. An internet search may turn up something on Belknap Hardware. B. Goforth is working on a book about Iver Johnson Arms, but I don't think it will be published for a few years. There may be some information in "Shotgun Markings" by Joe Vorisek. I doubt if you can find any more information than I gave Robin.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:45:11 12/12/03 Fri

I was curious about a gun by this same manufacturer. This one is a .45ACP, and made in the style of the Thompson .45 machine gun of the WWII era.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:08 12/17/03 Wed

This is not the same manufacturer. Over the past century or two, several gun makers have used "Volunteer" in either their company name or product name. Your "Tommy Gun" is a modern weapon and you should be able to find information in any of the current firearms reference books: Gun Trader's Guide, The Blue Book of Gun Values, The Standard Catalog of Firearms, and others. Your local library should have at least one of these.

Author:
Gil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:20 03/15/04 Mon

>I was curious about a gun by this same manufacturer.
>This one is a .45ACP, and made in the style of the
>Thompson .45 machine gun of the WWII era.
I Had one afew years back and loved it they also made one in 9m/m they were made in the 70's and wasnt very expensive i bought mine new at my local shop for $175.00 if its in good shape and your interested in selling or tradeing get in touch with me my only complant was they were expensive to shoot as with any semi auto of this type

Author:
walpsr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:53:37 08/06/04 Fri

>I was curious about a gun by this same manufacturer.
>This one is a .45ACP, and made in the style of the
>Thompson .45 machine gun of the WWII era.
thats kind or funny i have the same weapon and was wondering what it was worth mine is the elliot ness style if you have any info please share it with me thanks

Author:
W. Rhodus
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:10 03/03/04 Wed

>I have a 1910 12 gauge shotgun by Volunteer Arms
>Company. It has a damacus steel barrel and I am trying
to find the value of this gun.
>
>Thanks,
>W.Rhodus

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:10:59 03/03/04 Wed

W. - Although the damascus barrel was fine for the ammunition available in the early 20th century, it makes the gun a wallhanger now. If this is a single shot with a side hammer, it might bring $75 as a mantle decoration.

Author:
William
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:09 07/30/04 Fri

I'm not sure what ammunition you refer to when talking about damascus barrels, plenty of people in England still shoot on a regular basis with them, myself included. The cartridges I use in mine are the same as the ones I use in my Berrata 686, just 2.5inches not 2.75, and no more expensive. Constant use on big driven days present no problem at all.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer Arms Co.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:24 07/30/04 Fri

William - There are also Americans who use damascus and twist barrel shotguns. The prudent ones have their guns checked out and use 2.5" shells with black-powder equivalent loads. The fools find a gun at a yard sale, shove in a 3" magnum shell and use it once!
You have proof laws in England. No such thing here in the US, and most damascus barrels were made before nitro powder was invented so were intended for a much lower peak pressure than is generated by smokeless.
These old shotguns are often found after hanging in barns or stuck up in the rafters with no care for a couple of generations and there can be internal rust even if the surface looks good after it is scrubbed with steel wool. There's no way to tell if the barrel is still sound without some very expensive tests.
We Americans also have the idea that "bigger is better", so it's easier to find 3.5" shells than 2.5" and they will usually go into the short-chambered guns.
W's Volunteer was a cheap gun when it was made. I'd feel much safer with a damascus LeFever, Colt, or Winchester from the 1880's than with ANY store-brand from the early 1900's, even if it had fluid steel barrels. With a 1910 (patent?) date, I doubt if his really has damascus barrels, but it's possible and he says it does.
I compare using modern ammunition in these old guns to driving an automoble from the early 1900's at freeway speeds - It may work for a while, but sooner or later it will fly apart.
Roy

[> [> Subject: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
Emmett Sheets
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:09 08/05/03 Tue

Are Neumann Bros shotguns still safe to use with low brass ammunition?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:53 08/05/03 Tue

I'm not going to tell you that on the internet. And don't believe anyone who will. Neumann Freres made shotguns over a long period of time. Some were only proofed for black powder and NO smokeless powder ammunition should be used in them. Many will have short chambers, in which case the length of the shell is as important as the size of the load. And the care the gun has received over the past century is critical. If it spent a few of those years unoiled in a damp basement, there may be rust pockets below the surface if it has damascus or twist barrels. If you want to shoot it, have it examined by a competent gunsmith and if he gives it the OK, use only the type of ammunition he recommends.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
matt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:38:15 10/19/03 Sun

>I'm not going to tell you that on the internet. And
>don't believe anyone who will. Neumann Freres made
>shotguns over a long period of time. Some were only
>proofed for black powder and NO smokeless powder
>ammunition should be used in them. Many will have
>short chambers, in which case the length of the shell
>is as important as the size of the load. And the care
>the gun has received over the past century is
>critical. If it spent a few of those years unoiled in
>a damp basement, there may be rust pockets below the
>surface if it has damascus or twist barrels. If you
>want to shoot it, have it examined by a competent
>gunsmith and if he gives it the OK, use only the type
>of ammunition he recommends.
Roy,
Do you know where I can learn more about these shotguns? I own a Neumann, 16 ga., boxlock, ejector , sideclips, with "T.W.STAKE" on the left side of the action and engraving of a lighthouse on the rear of the rib.
Thanks
Matt

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:38 11/13/03 Thu

Neumann Bros. shotguns were made by Neumann Freres, a Belgium gun making company from 1863 to 1957. "T.W.STAKE" is a trade name that I have not encountered before. In the 1890-1915 period, many firearms manufacturers would mark any name requested on their guns. It seems that by ordering a dozen guns and paying a few dollars extra to make the roll stamp a hardware store could sell guns "custom made" for them. If you have an idea where this gun may have been originally purchased, you might research this name. The "lighthouse" is probably the mark of the Leige Proof house.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
Gaffney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:30 11/13/03 Thu

>I'm not going to tell you that on the internet. And
>don't believe anyone who will. Neumann Freres made
>shotguns over a long period of time. Some were only
>proofed for black powder and NO smokeless powder
>ammunition should be used in them. Many will have
>I did not see a response to your request for informaton on your neumann 16ga boxlock with J W Stake I also have a neuman 20ga. with the same markings (it also has a crossbolt). if you got a response please forward to me thank you. I would also like to know what the lighthouse indicates.short chambers, in which case the length of the shell
>is as important as the size of the load. And the care
>the gun has received over the past century is
>critical. If it spent a few of those years unoiled in
>a damp basement, there may be rust pockets below the
>surface if it has damascus or twist barrels. If you
>want to shoot it, have it examined by a competent
>gunsmith and if he gives it the OK, use only the type
>of ammunition he recommends.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Neumann Brothers Shotguns

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:58 11/13/03 Thu

Gaffney - see my reply to Matt.

Author:
FREDERIC MORRIS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:58:54 05/14/04 Fri

i found a very old rifle that has this name on it. and thats about all it has on it. very plain cocks open from the bottom, and a little rusty. any information is great, thanks.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:38 05/14/04 Fri

Volunteer Arms was a trade name distributed by Belknap Hardware of Louisville, KY, in the early 1900's. I'm not sure what you mean by 'cocks open from the bottom'. Can only guess that you are trying to describe a normal break-action, where the hinge (and possibly a release lever) is on the bottom. I also suspect that you have a shotgun instead of a rifle. If you want more information, email a full description and/or some photos.

Author:
Wade Leonard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:43 05/26/04 Wed

My grandpa had a 16 gauge single barrell shotgun. The only thing on it was Volunteer Arms Co. It was the first gun thatI ever fired when I was about 10 years old, as well I bagged my first squirrell with it. My Dad came in pocession of it when grandpa passed on and now I have it. I don't know how old it is but I'm 52 and grandpa had it as far back as I can remember. Do you have any ideal on its age and do you think it could be one of these Iver Johnsons???

>Volunteer Arms Co. was a trade name of Belknap
>Hardware and Manufacturing, a large wholesale/retail
>in Louisville, KY. It operated under that name from
>1907 until 1986. The Volunteer Arms Co single barrel
>shotguns were actually the Iver Johnson Champion
>model. The Champion was manufactured from c. 1909
>until the mid 1970's.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:55 05/26/04 Wed

That would be a pretty good guess. By estimating 27-28 years between generations, your grandpa would have been born in the mid 1890's and could have bought a shotgun around 1910-1920. You might search online auctions for IJ single shots and compare yours to the pictures. Other possibilities are Crescent, Davis, and Stevens. They all made trade-name guns for hardware and general mercantile stores.

Author:
Mike Healy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:09:27 11/14/04 Sun

>until the mid 1970's.
A few days ago a friend of mine brought me a single barrel 12 gauge shotgun with a side hammer. After some cleaning I was able to discern the name "Hunter" inscribed on the barrel. A little research suggested this was a trade name used by the Belknap Hardware Company. I'm now at a dead end, can't seem to find anything with a picture or a listing of guns sold by them that relates to the one I have. Suggestions? ( I'm out in southwestern Oregon)

[> [> Subject: Re: A Damascus double/break barrel shotgun

Author:
Joshua Thompson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:57:25 11/30/04 Tue

First off, i don't know much about the workings(except loading shoot and minor cleaning) of guns.. or ammunitions... So im curious if i got screwed over by a "trusted senior neighbor of mine"
I paid $90 for this gun. everything is intact .. but trigger guard(if it ever had one) and a couple of screws are missing from underneath where the stock supports the barrels...

I recently bought a Shotgun from a older neighbor of mine. When I Acquired this shotgun the man told me it was a
"Winchester King Nitro" ... It says King Nitro of the side plating .. but i can find no evidence of Winchester anywhere.. It is a Double-Barrel ... Breakbarrel

I was also told that this gun was a Twist Barrel or Damascus Steel barrel, by a local gun shop... although he wasnt topo sure about the manufacturer... any hints..

this gun has what looks like to pins at the end of each barrel. It also has a four digit number on the barrel and plate that the barrel rests on ... Is this the Registration #?...

Author:
michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:14 12/27/04 Mon

>until the mid 1970's.

I have a volunteer .410 that is very old and wish I knew how to find out when it was manufactured. I have the serial number.

Author:
David Roberts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:15:25 07/10/03 Thu

>I am looking for parts for a 22 Bolt Action Rifle. I need the bolt assembly.It was made by Belknap Hardware and says Essex No. 34.

Author:
wesley shepherd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:35 01/25/04 Sun

I am looking for the manufacturer of the sears model 25, serial #583.0000. It shoots .22 short, long and long rifle. I would like to get an owners manual. thank you

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:15 01/28/04 Wed

I think this is a Hi Standard A1041(.22auto).

Author:
chet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:42 02/16/04 Mon

I might have this same rifle. I believe that it was made by "Sears", because I have looked and looked for info on it and found nothing. It is a single shot bolt action that you have to pull back on this two fingered cocking lever to cock it after the bolt is engaged to fire it. It shoots shorts,and longs. My ejector is broke so if I fire it I have to shake it upside down to get the shell out. The sights move easy and causes the aim to be off. It was given to me by my Grandfather. Im not sure on its age. I hope this helps in your future search. I gave up. =)

[> [> Subject: Meriden Special shotgun

Author:
T.C.Rogers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:36:58 03/02/04 Tue

I have a 1907 Meriden Special double barrel shotgun. The barrel is 20" long. Does anyone know if this is original or has it been sawed off to this size? Anyone with any additional info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

T.C.Rogers

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Meriden Special shotgun

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:02:36 03/15/04 Mon

If it was cut by a butcher, anyone can tell by looking. If cut by a skilled craftsman, perhaps no one can. How even is the cut, are the edges squared-off or rounded, is there any trace of bluing on the cut end, is the sight bead missing or, if present, how neatly is it soldered, is it EXACTLY 20"? Shotguns have been (still are) made with 20" tubes, but many have also been shortened for various reasons - damaged muzzles, personal preference of the owner, or to create a "Wells Fargo Stage Coach Gun".

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Meriden shot gun 1907 dual hammers exposed

Author:
dave
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:56 12/01/04 Wed

i have a 1907 Meriden dual barrel shotgun hammer exposed! i have just gotten it repaired and i am wondering the value of this weapon ! just email me if you need more info!

[> [> Subject: Sears Model 25 .22 Caliber rifle

Author:
Mel Stephan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:47 10/17/04 Sun

I have a Sears Model 25 .22 Caliber Auto-loading Rifle and want to know what it is worth. It also has a Sears 4X scope on it.

[> Subject: A.J. Aubrey double barrel shotgun

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:12:16 07/21/03 Mon

Does anyone have any information on a gun called "The A.J. Aubrey", my husband bought one at an antique shop and we want to find out more about it. It is a double barrel and it has a 32 in barrel.

[> [> Subject: Re: A.J. Aubrey double barrel shotgun

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:18 07/21/03 Mon

Manufactured c. 1900-1915 by Meriden Arms, Meriden, CT. This company was owned by Sears Roebuck and manufactured firearms exclusively for sale through Sears. Mr. A. J. Aubrey was the executive in charge of Meriden.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: A.J. Aubrey double barrel shotgun

Author:
Alex
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:08:13 08/21/03 Thu

Do you have any information on how to or where i could get my old A. J. Aubry shotgun repaired?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: A.J. Aubrey double barrel shotgun

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:49 08/21/03 Thu

Look in the yellow pages for Gunsmiths. Or ask at any gunshop.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: A.J. Aubrey double barrel shotgun

Author:
Jim Cain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:41 06/19/04 Sat

>Look in the yellow pages for Gunsmiths. Or ask at any
>gunshop.
I am currently refurbishing and repairing a Meriden Firearm shotgun with "The New Aubrey" engraved on the barrel. What seems to be wrong with your gun? Maybe I can repair it.

Author:
North
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:54:21 01/09/04 Fri

My grandfather's has several numbers: left hammer #2144, right hammer appears to have been replaced; other numbers #84, T30, 3144, and the barrel hand hold is 2316. Initials under that barrel handhold are HMF, and a T.
Where to research for meanings, dates, perhaps name of HMF?

Author:
Vashtie Cannon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:44 07/12/04 Mon

>I have a12-gauge double barrel shot gun made by Meriden firearms co in the 50's. I am trying to find out what it is worth today. How can I find this information out?

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:54 07/12/04 Mon

Meriden Firearms went out of business about 1915. One of their double barrelled shotguns should bring about $200 if it is complete and functional. A little more if like new, and much less if broken/rusted, etc.

Author:
david n. reznicek
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:30 11/26/04 Fri

>Manufactured c. 1900-1915 by Meriden Arms, Meriden,
>CT. This company was owned by Sears Roebuck and
>manufactured firearms exclusively for sale through
>Sears. Mr. A. J. Aubrey was the executive in charge
>of Meriden.
i have a double barrel shotgun Pat'd # v31908-laminated steel-mfgd by meridan firearms co. meridan ct. usa pat'd jv9 1907.can you tell when it was manufactured and any other history on it. also what it might be worth (not for sale past
from my grandfather-father to me

Author:
sammy palmatier
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:24:34 01/31/05 Mon

>>Manufactured c. 1900-1915 by Meriden Arms, Meriden,
>>CT. This company was owned by Sears Roebuck and
>>manufactured firearms exclusively for sale through
>>Sears. Mr. A. J. Aubrey was the executive in charge
>>of Meriden.
>i have a double barrel shotgun Pat'd #
>v31908-laminated steel-mfgd by meridan firearms co.
>meridan ct. usa pat'd jv9 1907.can you tell when it
>was manufactured and any other history on it. also
>what it might be worth (not for sale past
>from my grandfather-father to me

Author:
Mike Ludovina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:38:18 02/01/05 Tue

>Manufactured c. 1900-1915 by Meriden Arms, Meriden,
>CT. This company was owned by Sears Roebuck and
>manufactured firearms exclusively for sale through
>Sears. Mr. A. J. Aubrey was the executive in charge
>of Meriden.

My brother has a single shot 12-16ga manufactured by the same company.Does anybody know what it might bring?
Steve
sludo@hotmail.com

Author:
Mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:11:41 10/21/03 Tue

my brother-in-law has a Volunteer Arms Thompson semi-auto that needs some parts. Can anybody point me to a source?

[> [> Subject: Re: Volunteer shotgun

Author:
Justin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:20:29 01/28/04 Wed

I have an old shotgun that has Volunteer on the top of the barrel it is a single shot 12 GA. the only other thing that is on it is n.243

Author:
chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:13:46 11/06/03 Thu

>Does anyone know anything abouth the Volunteer Arms Co.
>I have a 410 shotgun made by them and would like to
>find out how it is.
I just got a volunteer thompson i need all the info i can get

Author:
August
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:39:55 12/31/03 Wed

>>Does anyone know anything abouth the Volunteer Arms
>Co.
>>I have a 410 shotgun made by them and would like to
>>find out how it is.
>I just got a volunteer thompson i need all the info i
>can get
Hi, i have a 12 guage singleshot gun that i am rebuilding and would like any info that i can get also.this gun is old, i would like to find out how old it is.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:10:45 12/31/03 Wed

August - Since you posted under a question about Volunteer Arms, I have to assume that your old shotgun is stamped with this name. If so, I have posted about all the information available in other replies in this string. If it has another name, repost with as much information as you can find on the gun and we may be able to tell you something about it.

Author:
Maury
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:15:21 02/10/04 Tue

I also got a thompson look a like. If you find someone who knows anything about it please Email me the information. Thank you>>>Does anyone know anything abouth the Volunteer Arms
>>Co.
>>>I have a 410 shotgun made by them and would like to
>>>find out how it is.
>>I just got a volunteer thompson i need all the info i
>>can get
>Hi, i have a 12 guage singleshot gun that i am
>rebuilding and would like any info that i can get
>also.this gun is old, i would like to find out how old
>it is.

Author:
Howard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:10:41 05/27/04 Thu

I have an unfired .45 cal. thompson look alike. Does any one know if a cylinder magazine was made for this weapon? I have the clip and clip feeder for it.

Author:
RHONDA MATHENA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:54:39 06/09/04 Wed

>find out how it is.
I HAVE 2 SINGLE SHOTGUNS, BOTH BREAKOPEN. ONE HAS THIS ON IT . WYCO 21 1929 21024C. THE OTHER ONE HAS THIS ON IT, MERIDAN ARMS(ENGRAVED IN FANCY WRITING) T32 8192 1. THE FIRST SHOTGUN IS A 12GAUGE, AND THE OTHER IS A 16 GUAGE. I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GUNS AT ALL , AND THEY CAME TO ME THROUGH FAMILY, AND I NEVER HAD ANYTHING EXPLAINED TO ME ABOUT THEM. THEY ARE IN GOOD SHAPE. ALSO THE MERIDAN IS ALSO A DAMACUS BARREL . I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON THESE SHOTGUNS, FROM ANYONE.

Author:
Roy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:27:14 06/16/04 Wed

Wyco was a trade name sold by Wythe Hardware, St Joseph, MO. The guns were made by Crescent Firearms, Norwich, CT, c. 1893-1930. Meriden Firearms, Meriden, CT, c. 1905-1918 was owned by Sears Roebuck.

[> Subject: Sears model 25

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:23 08/14/04 Sat

I have a Sears model 25, .22 tobe fed semi-auto that is several years old. I need to get some parts for it. The manufacturer is hard to determine. Some of the cross references say it is a Hi-Standard A1041, and others a Savage 187. It does have a "grill", or what looks like jail house bars on the left side of the receiver part of the barrel. Serial number is 583 2501. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Author:
Ron Blosser
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:04:43 08/23/04 Mon

>find out something about it. It is a single shot and breaks open to load.

Author:
kevin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:39 10/02/04 Sat

>my dad bought a 45. cal thompson looklike at a show
>i'd like to find mags or drums for it
my dad bought a 45. cal thompson look alike at a gun show in fl. he was wondering if there is a person who sells the mag or drums for this kind of gun. it's a commando. it looks like the 1930's mob gun. if any body has any info please reply.

Author:
Ranney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:37 03/12/05 Sat

>>Does anyone know anything abouth the Volunteer Arms
>Co.
>>my dad bought a 45. cal thompson looklike at a show
>>i'd like to find mags or drums for it
>my dad bought a 45. cal thompson look alike at a gun
>show in fl. he was wondering if there is a person who
>sells the mag or drums for this kind of gun. it's a
>commando. it looks like the 1930's mob gun. if any
>body has any info please reply.

Hello, I have one of these guns also. I bought it in 1970 and from what I can remember I think there were two models one was the straight clip that holds 30 rounds and it seems the other model was a drum type holding 50 rounds. I am courios to know the value of this rifle. I shot mine a few days ago for the first time in more than 20 years.

[> Subject: Re: American Gun Co

Author:
John Newell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:19:12 10/28/04 Thu

I have a SxS 12 ga American Gun Co hammer gun in shooting condition. Can you give a bit of history on this company &
estimate of age.

[> Subject: Re: savage arms 20 ga,model kk1 (the whippet)

Author:
jimmy.campbell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:19:22 12/19/04 Sun

does any one know anything about this gun its in good cond,
has 3 hole in stock for shells

[> Subject: Meriden Fire Arms Co.

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:29:08 12/28/04 Tue

> I have a friend that has a 16ga single shot shotgun marked MTD By The Meriden Fire Arms CO. Meriden Conn. Pat Applied for 29189 Genuine Armory Steel This gun is in good condition. Does anyone know anything about this gun or its value

Author:
riky
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:03 12/31/04 Fri

can anyone tell me what a commando mark III is worth?

[> Subject: 1901 12 Gauge Shotgun

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:05 02/11/05 Fri

I have a sterling 12 gauge that has a patent date of April 2, 01 April 15, 02 and I would like to know more about it

[> [> Subject: Re: 1901 12 Gauge Shotgun

Author:
Harley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:06 02/11/05 Fri

>I have a sterling 12 gauge that has a patent date of
>April 2, 01 April 15, 02 and I would like to know more
>about it

[> Subject: Belknap Model B69 Single Shot .410

Author:
Randall
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:35:23 02/25/05 Fri

Looking for information about the Belknap B69 .410. Who made it, is it possible to match parts on another gun? The forearm latch is broken and would like to get it fixed.

Author:
keeton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:43:35 03/01/05 Tue

We have acquired a 12 guage Belknap from my uncle(it was my grandfather's), someone told my son it wasn't safe. Can anyone help me to find out about this model B64 Belknap, Louisville,Ky. It has fancy engraving of a goose flying on the left hand side of the action. My grandpa used it for years for turkey hunting.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.