VoyForums

Saturday, November 18, 11:25:49amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:41:26 11/04/15 WedPST
Author: Chuck Collins @ Phu-Cat AB, 1969-1970 (Life is Good in Seattle, WA)
Author Host/IP: 67.171.5.178
Subject: "" Checking In""

I am amazed that I get so stirred up with the news from Middle East conflict where I simply can not relate to in any way! Alphabet names with 45 letters that all sound like a bad dream press on my misunderstood mind. I talk to vets who served there and mention Vietnam and they all say the lessons from that war were being used also today. Interesting to me going from jungle to desert. As we all learned quickly from Vietnam was to listen to the 'old guys' and be very smart about all your movements on perimeter posts at night. It was the hardest thing I ever loved to do - patrol and secure my post. Today I am very quiet and rarely ever talk about my tour of duty except to other veterans; otherwise you get the 'blank stare' from civilians. They just don't know.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.