VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, February 19, 12:05:34pmLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:39:04 04/08/04 ThuPDT
Author: Bill McGee
Author Host/IP: 68.228.171.70
Subject: Re: Pleiku AB 10/67-11/68
In reply to: Frank Durgan 's message, "Pleiku AB 10/67-11/68" on 08:39:11 12/21/02 SatPST

>trying to found any old buddies that were at Pleiku
>during that time..Would like any info about my two
>dogs..Dixie A663 and Imp.. Was told by Tom Hill that
>an idiot walk my dog Imp to death..FNGs don't know
>anything.

I was in charge of the Sentry Dog Section at Pleiku from Jun 69-Jun70. You were gone before I took over from TSgt Givens. I remember both of those Dogs quite well. I don't know anything about Imp being walked to death, but if Hill said that, it was probably true. One thing I do know, I have a scar on my arm that Imp gave me during attack training one day. Durn good dog.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Pleiku AB 10/67-11/68 -- Jes Berghorn, 19:42:01 08/26/05 FriPDT (70.172.208.189)

My dad is Dick Berghorn. He was in Pleiku from 9/66-6/68. His Dog was Rommel A861. My dad pasted away a few years ago this week. That dog meant the world to him. My heart goes out to all of you handlers. I always felt that my father had additionsl pain after he left because he knew he was leaving Rommel behind. I was in D.c. Memorial Day weekend and it was very hard for me to see all the Vietnam memorials but no dog memorial. There is more than enough space near the wall.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.