VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Wednesday, February 20, 10:28:28amLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:43:46 01/22/03 WedPST
Author: Robert Engelhardt
Author Host/IP: 209.36.53.212
Subject: 8th Army Sentry Dog School

I was an instructor at the 8th Army Sentry Dog School(Korea) in 71-72.I would really like to here from anyone who was there.I have not been able to find anything about the school on the internet.Its like it never exsisted.
Bob Engelhardt
ps Many thanks to Bill Cummmings and M/sgt VJ Anderson for reuniting me with my 1966 Lackland Sentry Dog School Class picture.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: 8th Army Sentry Dog School -- Bill Cummings, 14:20:24 01/23/03 ThuPST (63.147.52.90)

>Bob;

I'm looking for a Sentry Dog that was sent to Korea in late 1968 - my dog Duke 54M5. Just wondering if you might have any contact/records, etc.

Bill Cummings

PS - Glad Vernon could help you - he's a cool dude

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: 8th Army Sentry Dog School -- Rob Cunningham, 03:46:40 01/10/05 MonPST (24.152.144.165)

>>Bob;
>
>I'm looking for a Sentry Dog that was sent to Korea in
>late 1968 - my dog Duke 54M5. Just wondering if you
>might have any contact/records, etc.
>
>Bill Cummings
>
>PS - Glad Vernon could help you - he's a cool dude

Hello Bob,
I was stationed Just outside of Soul, with the 820th MP Platoon, attached to the 728th MP Bat. We were posted in an old Japanese fort, next to VUNC radio station, near the town of E-tay-won, (sig). I was stationed there from 1960-1962. I am also looking for long lost friends.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 8th Army Sentry Dog School -- John P. Oswald, 06:44:58 06/16/03 MonPDT (155.82.145.253)

> Bob,
I was a Sentry Dog Handler at Camp Colburn, about 15 miles south of Seoul from October 1971 to December 1972. I went to Dog Handlers School at Camp Howard, which was south of Seoul. The dog training area was situated a few miles away from the main camp and had to be accessed by deuce and a half along a twisting dusty road. The head instructor there was a Korean national by the name of Mr. In, and a Vet Technician by the name of Rattray (SP4). There might have been other dog schools in Korea, but I haven't heard of any. My dog's names was J.B. (576M). I hope this information is helpfull. Hope to hear from you or any other handlers. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 8th Army Sentry Dog School -- ROD MCKENZIE, 02:27:42 11/11/03 TuePST (66.94.134.177)

> i was a dog handler camp holiday 1972 73 steve rasmussen went to dog school near camp howard i went to school at lackland afb. several members of my battery had attended dog school in korea. i will try to contact steve

tex mckenzie

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.