VoyForums

Wednesday, November 22, 10:39:08amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:14:40 07/15/05 FriPDT
Author: Frank Durgan
Author Host/IP: 205.188.116.203
Subject: Re: PLEIKU AFB K-9 (633d, 6254th SPS)
In reply to: Ken Smerecki 's message, "Re: PLEIKU AFB K-9 (633d, 6254th SPS)" on 09:15:06 01/06/05 ThuPST

I was stationed at Pleiku from Oct 67 to Dec 68. I was transfered from Phan Rang in Oct to Pleiku. My canine partner at first was Dixie A663 (great dog) then I picked up a partner in Japan named Imp 33M8, 105 lbs of pure hell. After 38 years I still have dreams of that tiem I spent with a couple of great teammates..Welcome home handler

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: PLEIKU AFB K-9 (633d, 6254th SPS) -- Gregory W. Graham, 08:49:29 01/10/08 ThuPST (206.82.113.153)

>I was stationed at Pleiku from Oct 67 to Oct 68. I was
>transfered from Elmendord AFB, Alaska to the Publication Distribution Office Pleiku AFB. I remember the canine guard dog Dixie a large German Sheppard who got along with GI's and disliked Vietnamese. The first time I met Dixie was coming off Guard Mount as an Augmetee with the Base Defense Force. As I was pulling myself into the back of the ton and a half by the rope accros the uprights on the back she came up and put her nose into my crotch which scared the stuff out of me. Everyone there got a good laugh at my expense.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.