VoyForums

Saturday, November 18, 11:27:36amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:51:05 11/19/07 MonPST
Author: Kurt Priessman, MSgt, USAF (Ret)
Author Host/IP: 68.92.22.132
Subject: Herbicides in Thailand

To all SPS and K-9 stationed in Thailand. If you have any of the diseases in the AO Act as modified, please contact me at the address above. I may have information you need.

635th SPS/K-9 1971-1972
388th SPS/K-9 1972-1973

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Alphonse DiDomenico, 02:46:53 11/13/08 ThuPST (66.178.134.202)

>Just to let you know I received 10% disability for type 2 diabeties. Reason being a k-9 handler the VA could not prove or disapprove that I was exposed to agent orange. I now receive medical treatment from the VA. My rating was awarded before I was put on oral medication. The VA doctor in White City, Oregon was the one who put me on the meds, my civilian doctor wanted to wait. Since I'm now on meds my rating should be raised to 20%. So there is hope for all of us who were stationed in Thailand, it depends what the doctor says.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Donald DeLay, 13:59:02 10/05/10 TuePDT (216.186.200.33)

>>I was just at the VA because I was coughing blood for a while. While in there I was talking to a person to check in to the Two (2) heart attachs that I had. They are on the AO now and It could be because of the Agent Orange. I was stationed at Korat RTAFB, Thailand in 1973 thru 1974. The individual that I was talking to said to check with the DAV and talk to them. I was in the K-9 unit. This is all new to me and any help that you could help me with would be appreciated.Just to let you know I received 10% disability for
>type 2 diabeties. Reason being a k-9 handler the VA
>could not prove or disapprove that I was exposed to
>agent orange. I now receive medical treatment from
>the VA. My rating was awarded before I was put on
>oral medication. The VA doctor in White City, Oregon
>was the one who put me on the meds, my civilian doctor
>wanted to wait. Since I'm now on meds my rating
>should be raised to 20%. So there is hope for all of
>us who were stationed in Thailand, it depends what the
>doctor says.

[ Edit | View ]

[> utapao ptsd -- ray walinski (anybody need help with ptsd claim), 10:01:32 11/30/08 SunPST (24.228.18.241)

anybody need help with a ptsd claim-i am 100 per cent disabled with ptsd i was stationed in utapao 635 th sps i know the ropes with the va

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: utapao ptsd -- clyde fox (mixture of emotions changes often), 08:35:22 10/12/10 TuePDT (66.25.229.247)

>anybody need help with a ptsd claim-i am 100 per cent
>disabled with ptsd i was stationed in utapao 635 th
>sps i know the ropes with the va
I am going today to meet a vso about ptsd.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: utapao ptsd -- Bobby Sickinger (Really need for you to get a hold of me.asap), 05:13:55 05/03/12 ThuPDT (24.60.53.183)

>>anybody need help with a ptsd claim-i am 100 per cent
>>disabled with ptsd i was stationed in utapao 635 th
>>sps i know the ropes with the va
>I am going today to meet a vso about ptsd.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: utapao ptsd -- Jim newton, 09:26:24 12/08/16 ThuPST (50.48.161.46)

>>anybody need help with a ptsd claim-i am 100 per cent
>>disabled with ptsd i was stationed in utapao 635 th
>>sps i know the ropes with the va
>I am going today to meet a vso about ptsd.
I am 62 and just filed for ptsd. I was stationed at utapao, Thailand from 1974-1975.I was also in the security police unit which involved perimeter duty. Any suggestions to proceed would be appreciated.

Tgank_You

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: utapao ptsd -- bobby sickinger (anyone know how to c0ntact ray wilinsky), 06:10:21 05/03/12 ThuPDT (24.60.53.183)

>anybody need help with a ptsd claim-i am 100 per cent
>disabled with ptsd i was stationed in utapao 635 th
>sps i know the ropes with the va

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- DONALD HOGAN (NEED HELP FOR UDORN UBON THAILAND 70-74), 12:25:42 07/01/10 ThuPDT (68.194.186.183)

>To all SPS and K-9 stationed in Thailand. If you have
>any of the diseases in the AO Act as modified, please
>contact me at the address above. I may have
>information you need.
>
>635th SPS/K-9 1971-1972
>388th SPS/K-9 1972-1973

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- David H. McAfee (Help), 08:47:37 08/22/10 SunPDT (174.108.7.193)

>information you need.
>
>635th SPS/K-9 1971-1972
>388th SPS/K-9 1972-1973
I developed a skin condition(chloracne?) while in Thailand and receive a 10% disability. At 57 I developed prostate cancer. I remember spraying going on at Ubon while there. I'm 4 years into an appeal!!!I think they hope we'll die before we get help.David

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Andy Latham 8SPS-K-9 Ubon Thailand 1968-69 (Don't give up Puppy Handlers), 04:05:34 10/06/11 ThuPDT (64.233.137.194)

Thailand Handlers,)n 08-30-11 I recived a letter that had had been wanting to read.I filed on my heart and other things,VA in their award letter amdited that A.O.was used at UBON Thailand AFB.It has been a long time in coming,first filed 04-2004 had been turned down a bunch of times,you guy that are during 65 you should file if you haven't.Keep applealing they get tired after so many years.God Bless all you.Andy Latham UBON THAILAND 4-18-1968 MUSHY,KLU.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Bryce Singer/Bedsworth SPS UTapao. 71-72 (relieved), 10:32:03 05/03/13 FriPDT (97.94.228.175)

>information you need.
>
>635th SPS/K-9 1971-1972
>388th SPS/K-9 1972-1973
I have had mental problems ( ptsd ?) for many years. Have been treated for skin rashes. I hid in the woods for years. Now hideout in remote desert areas. I tried to get help at VA hosp. Years ago. Was turned down.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Robert Anderson (Help), 13:01:53 03/08/14 SatPST (66.175.166.209)

>Even though I was not SP, I did pull augmentee duty at Utapao from Jun 71 until Sep 72, in perimeter tower and fence. I need help in proving this to the VA as I now have Diabetes Type II. Does anyone know how, what or where I can find this or any other proof?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand augmentee security guard -- David Byer, 18:59:31 08/08/15 SatPDT (67.211.141.128)

i am looking for veterans who served as 635 Security Police augmentee guards at U-Tapao during the period from Dec 1972 to Nov 1973.

I am looking to prove I served as a augmentee guard in the towers out side of the base fence.

I was assigned to the 635th Munitions Maintenance Squadron.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Herbicides in Thailand augmentee security guard -- Robert Tobias(Toby), 15:15:05 04/10/17 MonPDT (96.80.152.217)

I was in 8th Transportation Squadron at Ubon Air Base from May 1967 thru June 1968. I need to find someone that was in same unit at the same time to help me prove I was an augmentee policeman. Nothing in my records to prove it. Thanks for your help.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Steve Warren, 05:03:03 02/09/16 TuePST (73.178.190.35)

>information you need.
>
>635th SPS/K-9 1971-1972
>388th SPS/K-9 1972-1973

Air Base Defense at Korat Mar '71, Mar '72. Have now been diagnosed prostate cancer, nodules, cysts and lesions lungs, liver, pancreous, thyroid. Just started compensation procedure with VA any advice?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Herbicides in Thailand -- Jim (Walker), 15:18:32 04/06/17 ThuPDT (24.20.185.50)

Hello all,
I worked in the 635th MMS Squadron at U-Tapao in 1971. I am currently filing my letter of disagreement with the VA over my disability claim. I am seeking verification from anyone who knows my duty station I refer to here. It was on the north end of the bomb dump perimeter. I was assigned to inventory incoming munitions trucks. I worked from an elevated shack, located about fifty feet south of the the northern bomb dump perimeter fence line, on the perimeter road, at about middle length of the road. Any dog handler or tower guard who worked that perimeter has a mental image of dozens of trucks lined up in the queue for inventory and offloading. I was at the first of two stations the truckers queued up with to begin the administrative process to offload.

I am hoping that it would be possible for someone who worked that sector of U-Tapao, to provide me with a statement of fact verifying my description of the perimeter and the proximity of my duty station to it. I was stationed on the base perimeter, but because I do not have a SPS MOS, the VA can't get beyond it. My APR's support my claim of the work I did inventorying there at the shack, but no matter.

Anyway, I sure would appreciate your guys help on this. I would send you my statement, and if it was accurate in your estimation, just have you testify to its accuracy, in a statement of your own. Let me know if you can help and I'll send you what is needed. And/or if you know of another contact you think I should speak with, please forward this email to them or send me their contact information?

I appreciate your trouble here, it is the only avenue I believe I have left.

Thanks,

Jim Walker
j2010walker@gmail.com
4-6-2017

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.