VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: JIWAKA TERTIARY STUDENTS RUGBY LEAGUE TOURNAMENT

Author:
PR Officer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:21:44 10/20/03 Mon

JIWAKA TERTIARY STUDENTS RUGBY LEAGUE TOURNAMENT

This notice serves to inform all tertiary Jiwaka Students, especially boys in the country and abroad, that there will be a round robin of rugby game tournament.
W.R. Carpenters has confirmed the official sponsorship of a cup for the competition.

VENUE: Banz Rugby Football League Ground.
DATE: Friday 20- Sunday 22 December 2003

TEAMS
About 10 teams likely to participate.

The teams that likely are to participate are: DIVINE WORD UNIVERSITY 1, UNITECH 1, GOROKA UNIVERSITY 1, PAU and UPNG 4, HAGEN TECH and HOLY TRINITY 1 and KUDJIP NURSING 1.

Our boys abroad can join any of the above teams they would like to play.

An official letter detailing the tournament will be sent to the above possible participating teams seeking their willingness to part-take. We are negotiating a team each from Simbu and Hagen. Draws will be made after getting all the responses.

ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
Chairman- Andrew Kina
V/Chairman -Wau Guma Jr
Operations Manager- Daniel Simon Keru
Logistic Coordinators- Onda Nop and John Tuiam
News Reporter- Stanley Nondol (Post Courier Highlands Regional office)
Medical Doctors- Justin Yanga, David Nangin, Lucas Kondi and Malts Wai
Public Relation- Siwi Aipe (11 Grass Grafix)

NOTICES
Please feed yourself the latest updates from the following media.

The following forum URLs will contain the updates of the tournament
JIWAKA FORUM http://www.voy.com/10582/
JIWAKA ONLINE http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/152100
UNITECH CAMPUS FORUM http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/152940
UPNG BOARD http://www.pngscape.net
UNITECH BOARD http://www.pngscape.net

Further notices will be put through following radio stations: YUMI FM, NAU FM and FM 100 plus KALANG and KARAI.

Post Courier and The National will publish an article each detailing the tournament as the above date nears.

FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information regarding the tournament or confirmation of your team, email the PR officer

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: OVERWHELMING INTERESTS EXHIBITED

Author:
PR OFFICER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:45 10/26/03 Sun

It is an hot issue here at UPNG, as couple of teams are showing their interest to participate. The Simbu and Hagen boys are not the probable teams now. They said they are looking forward to it with overwhelming enthusiasm to participate at all cost.

The Hawks boys are splitting into two teams: Waghi Hawks 1 and 2. Jiwaka boys’ population here in the campus has increased in the last three years. Therefore Hawks team is split to cater for all the boys to play.

There is a plan to merge all medical students to form one called ALL MEDICS. They are UPNG medicine, Kudjip Nursing and Madang PARAMAD.

Posters and games stats forms are underway to be printed. A banner will be painted and hung at Banz Town.

Expect an article about the game on either Post Courier or The National next week.

PR Officer

[> Subject: Re: JIWAKA TERTIARY STUDENTS RUGBY LEAGUE TOURNAMENT

Author:
Biggal.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:16:01 10/30/03 Thu

Word of appreciation to guys at upng for the idea of this proposed rugby games..Just wondering if there is anything in mind for our sisters to partake and be part of this all happenings...It would be an opportune for us to mingle with and who knows....find future partners...hehehehe l(lol).

olsem tsol.
[> [> Subject: Re: JIWAKA TERTIARY STUDENTS RUGBY LEAGUE TOURNAMENT

Author:
biggal.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:08 10/31/03 Fri

Well PR it sounds wonderful that we are being given cosideration.We will definetly make our presences felt whether it be taking part in any sport or cheering you guys up across the field.
As long as the games are played in the true sportmanship spirit given not only us the girls but the general public and the players the assurance that our safety will be gurrantteed during the duration of these games. It is a feminism trait..hope the security will also be provided for the general public to enjoy the display of talents.
Am just concern because opportunitist like steam bodies may take advantage of such a big event full of people to disrupt it..Just a suggestion..The Banz police are ther to do such job..protecting and safeguarding people and properties. A letter to Banz PPC informing him of the games and probably asking for his assurance that the police will be out to enforce communal law during the days of the comp will surely help.

best of luck.
biggal
[> [> [> Subject: MAXIMUM SECURIT GURANTEED

Author:
PR OFFICER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:50 11/01/03 Sat

Hi Biggal, security will be our business. It was on the agenda last night when the committee met. Since we are inviting some prominent people to watch the games, we will definitely have police personnel’s presence throughout the tournament. Steam Bodies are the real targets, as the place is known for selling home-brew alcohol publicly.

Last night was more or less a press conference. All the highlights of the tournament were discussed. It will be published on The National, probably will be out by Monday 3 November 2003.

A myriad thanks Biggal, for always thinking at every dimension and ahead…and we are hopeful of having your presence.

The PR OFFICER

[> Subject: THANKS, WE'LL CONSIDER IT!

Author:
PR OFFICER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:46 10/30/03 Thu

These are consequential and emergent issues… thanks for thinking ahead. As we are trying this for the first time, we welcome such constructive suggestions. We’ll address such issues after the first one gets off the ground. That is to say that we are not adamant to considering your good suggestion. All these need sponsorship, i.e. money, even time, effort and manpower to manage and coordinate. These are resources of a well-organized competition. No worries we will invest these resources next year once the first once gains momentum and publicity at the end of this year.
So we’ll leave this to next year…

However, for this year only we’ll provide volleyball games for the girls. No proper competition, lets say. Any girls from any of the institutions can play with whom they want with. It won’t be properly organized, but still sounds good, I guess!

If you want to add or say on this please do so…

SOME UPDATES
The organizing committee will be dispatching their letters to potential T-Shirts sponsors end of this week. Some will go to prominent Jiwakans in the city.

Posters are now ready to be sent out for publicity back at home.

Check either the Post Courier or The National early next for an article about the tournament.

… PR Officer @ your service.

[> Subject: Requesting for awareness campaign

Author:
Robert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:17 11/01/03 Sat

Hi PR Officer,

I am very proud as a Jiwaka to see you guys taking initiatives to bring all our Jiwaka elites together for some ball games over the Christmas break. I wish I could come home to join you guys but due to high airfare costs, I might not make it. I do have a request for you students if you can actually make it.

My request is for you students to secure some fund from our local MPS and probably the Western Highlands provincial Government to make some awareness campaigns on two major issues.

1. As you all know very well, the HIV/AIDS epidermic is a bushfire in our wagih area. If you can make strong campaigns about this and save sex and so forth..........

2. The current Government is placing more emphasis on Agriculture Development. I believe we have the fertile lands for agricultural development for crops such as coffee, rice, vegetables, taro and sweet potato.....etc...Place more emphasis on local rice growing so that people can become independent on this crop rather than wasting money

You can also think of other possible topics to include. I believe the Banz and Minj district vehicles will be allocated to you as we have done in the past when I was at Unitech....

Em olsem tingting blo mi tasol when you students from all institutions in PNG are at home during break. If you do not have time then probably look at some other times.

Em tasol na you guys have a blessed day.

Best regards

Robert

[> Subject: GENUINE POINTS, THANKS ALOT

Author:
PR OFFICER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:05:03 11/01/03 Sat

Dear Robert,
You brought one of the points we discussed last night during our meeting. That is the awareness on HIV/AIDS. We are trying to have National AIDS Council and National Narcotic Bureau do awareness during the three-day tournament on HIV/AIDS and Drugs and Alcohol respectively. We will also be seeking cash and kind donation from the two organizations. Letters will be sent to them next week. I will let the members of organizing committee work out something about the point you mentioned on Agriculture in the “Valley in the Cloud”.

The committee is trying its best to have the Coca Cola Promotional PA system to have awareness campaign, announcements, commentating and more audible and interesting. They will be requested to set up stage/grandstand and tents to sell their products.

IF have any other ideas or anything more on the points you raised above, don’t hesitate to say it. I let the committee discuss ideas.

Regards,
The PR OFFICER

[> Subject: GREAT!

Author:
ANGNE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:26 11/01/03 Sat

Angna,
That's a great idea/initiative taken by you boys. Kawei. I will be looking forward to being part of the crowd to witness this.
Angne

and thanks for the email that just flew in while I was writing this
Banga!

[> Subject: YOUR WORDS-OUR FUEL AND ENERGY

Author:
PR OFFICER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:48:31 11/01/03 Sat

Help keep us going…your words are the fuel and energy, that we need to jump all hurdles to have these three great days come to live. It has been agreed last night to have the weekend before Xmas in JIWAKA for TERTIARY STUDENTS SPORTS DAYS. That shall be included on JIWAKA’s calendars in the years to come as this will be an annual event.

Angne
PR OFFICER
[> [> Subject: Re: FULL SUPPORT!

Author:
terminator.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:56 11/03/03 Mon

Hi everyone,
apinun true..been awhile and i am glad to be back.
Firstly, A big thank you to PR officer for keeping us up to date on the happenings back home.Well done, angna!!
Secondly, acknowledged initiative taken by Hawks boys from UPNG to make this a dream come true. Unfortunately some of us won't be there to be part of this tremedous event but our moral support will always be there. Wish you guys all the best in your preparations in staging this tremendous event.
Keep up the good work.
Angnem ende.

Pitz.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.