VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Potential Chain Reaction of Tribal Fights

Author:
CK
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:37:01 08/08/04 Sun

Hello all friend and wantoks on the net.. Well if you havent heard much from home especially Banz then this news should interest you.

Last fortnight some senglapkanem men accused two kisu daimanka father and son of practising sanguma when the fathers sister died. the two were living with their tambus. they were beaten up thrown into the waghi and left for dead but the father survived and the son didnt.
the following week the uncles of the two attacked starting from mombol waghi pa all the way to munumb burning and looting. in the process they killed an innocent Tunskup man.

and 2 men not from the wronged tribe were caught by the senglapkanems and badly beaten up one was lucky to escape but nearly drowned from his wounds as he tried crossing the waghi. the other was later handed to the police.

since they were from a different tribe they thought hteir man was killed so the south waghians started their own fights amongst themselves cos they thought the guy that was caugth was killed

the tunskup people in turn retaliated and smashed a bus belonging to jonathan kumba so.. the situation is getting out of hand...and they are demanding compensation from the senglapkanems ... while the bus owners have handed in their quotation to be met other wise our public servants will find it haed to go to hagen

ill keep you informed on more later

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Potential Chain Reaction of Tribal Fights

Author:
Banga - waghi4fr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:18 08/10/04 Tue

BANGA!
Yu kes pam eh!...
I saw an article reported by James Apa Gumuno on the National a day ago. This is a very sad situation. Tell you what? I don't really know the situation at home right now but I believe that consumers of marijuana and steam (home brew) are a major part of this tragic chain of events.
Youths and adults alike promise & vow not to deal with such substances but there is a majority that still puffs and drinks....
I feel so sorry for my beloved Jiwaka and the ever green Waghi Valley. May God bestow upon us peace and lasting harmony?

JFC Waghi4fr

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.