VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:11:48 11/04/03 Tue
Author: Coli
Subject: Way to go!!!
In reply to: Shan 's message, "Newbie & 1st Month Results" on 12:43:06 11/04/03 Tue

Congrats on your losses :) (this is about the ONLY place where that statement can be said ;)

I just wanted to correct you before you go too hog wild...and rather make you even happier! you said your BMI went down, but your BMI is a simple calculation based on your age, height and weight and and your message doesn't seem to lend that your mass weight went down. HOWEVER, sounds like you lose 1/2% or one pound of body fat which is absolutly FANTASTIC. Losing body fat is your whole goal! if you find that you're losing weight but not much body fat, you're burning muscle which isn't the best way to go!

If you have the body fat machine like my club has, your body fat % is on top and then BMI is on the bottom. What BMI doesn't take into account is fat vs. other things like muscle, bones, organs etc. So a man who weighs 200 pounds and is 35 and is 6 foot tall has the same BMI no matter if he's got a body fat of 50% or 20%...but OBVIOUSLY appearances will be different and one is more healthy than the other.

BMI is not the best measurement of health, body fat percentage is a much better tally! And it's VERY easy to get the two confused when they both show up on the machine and might not be too different, right now ;)

Way to go on your first month and keep it up for the second and the third and the.....you'll reach your goals in NO TIME!

Have a GREAT workout!
Coli

>I have been reading all of the motivating messages on
>this board since I began Curves a month ago. I really
>love reading about all of the success everyone is
>having with Curves. Today was my 1st month weigh in
>and I was very pleased, especially because I haven't
>been doing very good at watching my diet. I lost a
>total of 3 1/2 inches and 1 pound of body fat. My BMI
>also went down a half point. My Weight stayed exactly
>the same but I am hoping it is because of the muscle I
>have gained in place of the fat. Happy Curving!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.