VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:35:13 11/17/03 Mon
Author: Lea
Subject: Re: Love Handles
In reply to: Corinna 's message, "Love Handles" on 17:16:20 11/16/03 Sun

>Well I only have maybe 10lbs that I want to lose, I
>don't have to lose any but I'm so frustrated because I
>have these awful love handles and want to get rid of
>those, what machine works with this? I had my first
>weigh in lost 1 1/2 inches and gained 1lbs, I was SO
>upset.....thanks all!
>Corinna
Corinna... That would be the hip ab/ad, or as my ladies like to call it.. the obgyn chair. lol I usually refer to it as the inner/outer thigh. Be sure when you do this one that you are going out as far as you possibly can (without pulling something) so that the outer thigh and the hip get some work too. You still want to go as fast as you can (as on every piece of equipt) however do it at full range. I do realize that you lose some speed by doing full range however full range/top speed is the key on this type of equipt. When your at 25 seconds your muscles should be screaming - "I'm not sure I can do one more rep" then take it Easy on the Recovery stations, save your energy for the equipt. Don't forget to flex your toes on this one, it helps keep from rotating your knees. Off the subject-- if you have the oblique in your club, we have found that if you try to get your bottom as high on the backrest as possible (or sit in the crack rather than very flat on the seat) you come in at a better angle. Relax those shoulders, make a VERY small movement, keep abs tight and you'll be amazed how much you can feel this one. If your going to far out your using your shoulders too much and it can really put you in knots ecspecially if you carry your tention there anyway. It's the only one that we don't stress full range on! (it's in the training video :) As for your weigh in- don't be upset you've lost some inches so you're on the right track! Remember muscle weighs more than fat. Just watch those carbs, try to eat a little something every few hours (to speed up your metabolism) and when you go in to work out PUSH yourself beyond what you think you can do on the equipt, only chat with your friends while on recovery stations:)
We had an "overload your muscle day" for extra curves bucks this month and afterward many women told me that they thought that they had been working their hardest but now realize that they had not been and are expecting to see better results next month. One more tip - don't w/m the week before or the week of your period, your trainer will help you out on changing that date if you need to & remember though salt (mexican food?), pasta and potatoes are never great choices- they are really bad choices the day before w/m.lol Sorry this got kind of long, I hope something I said will help you. I've noticed Justine seems to be a lot of help, maybe she or someone else can give you some other good tips.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.