VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:12:37 11/23/03 Sun
Author: Johanne
Subject: Re: Recovery Stations??
In reply to: Claire 's message, "Recovery Stations??" on 14:58:15 11/23/03 Sun

HI Claire.. to answer your questions the best way I know...is that you must give your 100% on the machine and not the recovery pads...it should have been explained to you when you first joined that your heart rate must stay in the range of 60 and 70% if you go higher then that you are mostly working your heart...the opposite of what we want to do...we need to work those muscles for the fat to burn and then tone and firm up...so you must try to keep you heart rate as I explained it...on the recovery pads...I tell my members to either walk, jog not to fast, dance, jump up and down, do some aerobics movements...as long as you keep your heart rate in the 60-70% zone...if you keep your heart in the range...you will have enough strenght left to really work those machines and you should see a difference in your resistance and your results...if you read the Curves book...the chart for the target heart rate is at page 169 and on pages 191 to 200 he explains the machines and gives some tips for the newcomers and the target heart rate is explained there too...I hope that I answered your questions.
I started working at curves last August and I was in intense training for one week...man what a week that was...so if anyone out there thinks that I am wrong...please let me know...and I will correct myself...and Claire...should you have anymore questions...feel free to ask...my email is johannel@nbnet.nb.ca...hang in there...and KeEp On CuRvInG..

Johanne

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.