VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:06:36 11/24/03 Mon
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Strange results for body fat this month??
In reply to: Betsy 's message, "Strange results for body fat this month??" on 16:35:04 11/24/03 Mon

Your body fat reading with the machines that most curves use can be swayed by a few different things. water intake (less or more than usual, less means it will be higher, more means it will be lower as it basically reads the water in your body and fat has no water). if you've eaten in the last 3-4 hours before being measured. Alcohol within the last 12 hours, pregnancy, pacemakers....any many many more (that's all I can think of).

if it's a great enough concern, next time you go in, ask to be measured again. it only takes a few moments and if it settles your head, it's worth it!

I would probably think that you had less water than you usually do. I doubt you're burning that much muscle in a single month.

Oh yeah, one other thing is your cycle. It's highly possible that it could have effects on either side of your period and it's different for everyone...some don't see anything, some have to get weighed and measured exactly in the middle....isn't it FUN to be a woman???

Sounds like you're doing great and with the 15 pounds you have to lose, 2-3 pounds a month is a great rate to be sure it'll stay off. I wish I was losing 1% of body fat each month. over the 15 months I've been working out, I've lost 30.5 pounds but only 4.3% of my body fat....I'm happy with my results but more would be even better! of course that would require me to eat healthy more often ;) It'll happen! LOL

>Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or
>what it might mean: I'm about 15 lbs. overweight and
>have been going to Curves for 3 months. I've slowly
>lost some inches and weight each month. My body fat
>has gone down about 1% each month as well. I just got
>measured again today, and I'd lost 1.5 inches and
>2lbs. (hooray!) However, my body fat percentage went
>up about 1%! The girl who measured me seemed stumped
>by the numbers. Could it have been a mechanical
>error? I hate to think that I'm losing muscle! Any
>ideas? Thanks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.