VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:13:42 12/05/03 Fri
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Gained weight
In reply to: Lori 's message, "Gained weight" on 10:58:47 12/05/03 Fri

I assume you've read the whole book on the diet if you're following it. The hardback book has a lot better explanation of Phase 3 and I believe it explains it all very well about how each time you do phase 3, it takes longer and longer to gain that 3 pounds until you DON'T gain those 3 in less than 30 days and that's when you only have to diet two or three days a month. It only took me 2 days to gain 3 pounds and some ladies do it in a single day, when they do phase 3 for the first time.

When you are eating low carb, chances are you are eating less processed foods and probably less salt in general (even with eating all the free pickles you want! LOL). When you start adding back in the carbs and processed foods, your body will naturally retain the water-weight that you lost during phase 1, and that can easily be done in a day or two of eating like that (I've gained weight this week because I haven't been able to eat very well, too much stress at work and no time to go shopping so I've been eating out almost every meal).

Please don't get discouraged, this IS how it's supposed to work. when you do phase 2, your metabolism does get a little slower despite still losing weight and when you hit phase 3, you boost it quite a bit, no matter how long it takes to gain the 3 pounds. So you can now hit phase 1 for 2-3 days until those 3 pounds come off then go back to phase 2 until you stop losing again....

>First of all congrats to all who have been having
>sucess with this program. I had been having sucess
>but when going through the period when you can eat
>whatever I gained back 3 pounds in 3 days. Is that
>normal? That makes me so afraid to eat anything. Can
>someone help me. What am I doing wrong that my body
>is gaining so quickly?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.