VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:52:01 12/17/03 Wed
Author: Charity
Subject: Re: Question for women who have lost a lot of weight
In reply to: Gwen 's message, "Re: Question for women who have lost a lot of weight" on 09:28:40 11/14/03 Fri

I started at curves weighing in at 304 lbs. Right now I'm right around 254. I've got at least 75 more to lose before I re-evaluate my goals so saggying skin is a big concern. My skin is getting looser all over my body. I've got a huge "apron" on my belly and I even noticed that the skin just above my vagina is saggy - so sad! I can grab the skin at the tops of my thighs and it fills my hand and then some. I've been asking everyone I know if there's something I can do. I even called a plastic surgeon and got nowhere. I will ask my Doc tomorrow too (I see him for a weight loss followup every 6 weeks to keep myself accountable).

I know that pregnant women rub vitamin e (from capsules) onto their bellys to prevent stretch marks so I've been doing that just in case it will help nourish my cells and encourage them to be more elastic and shrink.

I've also noticed that there are MANY "skin firming" lotions on the market now and some of the store brands are less than $5 a bottle. I've been using that too.

They also say that drinking water REALLY helps so I'm drinking a gallon a day (128oz).

I'm doing all of this just in the hopes it will help. But I'm also going to ask my doc if my insurance will pay for surgery when I'm done and if I need it.

Oh by the way! I've also read that all of this excess skin that we do have will go away in 7 years time as our skin is constantly renewing itself. But many don't want to wait almost a decade to get rid of the sags.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.