VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:10:13 06/10/03 Tue
Author: Chels
Subject: Having surgery/WORRIED about not working out and losing muscle function

Hi all - I wanted to touch base with everyone - I've gotten through my 2nd month & in all - I've lost 24 pounds and 24 inches in those 2 months!!! Yea for me - I'm happy about it and want to push myself a bit this month - my goal is to be the "Elite Member" for June but would be just as happy to being in the top 20 again! My worries are this . . . I'm having both of my jaws reconstructed on July 10th (pending insurance) and will have my mouth wired shut for 5-6 weeks. This may be good - liquid diet for 2 months and then soft foods - definite weight loss will occur, but I don't want to be put on some high carb/sugar suppliment and will need to see a dietician to get on a liquid & soft food diet while recovering. I'll be on soft foods only, for about 4-6 weeks. I am being placed on a restriction from working for 4 weeks and no work-outs for 5-6 weeks as well. I'm really worried about losing the muscle I've worked so hard to gain over these past two months. I'm not sure what to do and how hard it will be to get back into the swing of working out 4-5 days a week like I'm doing now. I get weighed on the 23rd and want to weigh in again on 7-9 when I do my last workout - just to check on any more progress before I have my surgeries.

Any suggestions or anyone out there that has had to give up their work outs for this long and then go back??? How hard was it to gain your strength and work out without any trouble???? I need some advice!!

Thanks for your interest!!

Chels

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.