VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:04:57 06/12/03 Thu
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: First month measure & weigh in
In reply to: Sherri 's message, "Re: First month measure & weigh in" on 14:10:09 06/12/03 Thu

I've heard conflicting info on the fat readers they use. Some clubs don't tell you what you shouldn't do before using it while mine did after several months. The readings can vary based on when you ate last, if you had caffeine (if you drink it all the time and have always had it, it should be consistent, but if you have a soda every once in a while, just don't have it on weigh day!). Alcohol up to 12 hours before can effect it. being pregnant, pacemakers, all SORTS of things. I honestly wish they offered calipers to measure it but I've never used them so I don't know what it entails. I do know that it's more acurate. I've always wondered about the fat readers tho. I have one of those scales at home that reads it, and it goes ALL over the place so there must be other factors that effect the reading that I don't know about. I mean, I go from 45% to 36.5% in a day....NOT right :) I just got it for the scale and it seems to be very close to what the scale at my Curves says, so that's nice.

My body fat went up a few months ago, after I had lost some weight too, but of the 30 pounds I've lost, I've lost about 21 pounds of fat, so I HAVE lost some muscle or other things (which is ok, don't know that I could reach my goal any other way!

I bet by your second month, your numbers have improved. Since you've been doing a lot of exercise, that's probably a big reason you didn't see any weight loss. Many women who start at Curves have that always fun water weight that gets shed in the first month and those of us that exercise other than curves (I used to walk 3 miles on my lunch hour with a coworker most days, that's basically stopped, but I'm ok with that) won't necessarily see that somewhat atrificial drop in weight.

>Thanks Coli! You always know just the right thing to
>say! My fat had also gone up and that was discouraging
>too. It was 30.2 at beginning and when she measured
>the other day, it was 30.7. She was surprised it had
>gone up, so i did it again right away and it had gone
>down to 29.7 so how reliable are those things?!
>
>I do walk 4-6 miles every other day and have for quite
>a few years so I am doing that. I just wanted to add
>something new and different to my routine. I do love
>Curves though!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: First month measure & weigh in -- CuveyKate, 13:55:15 06/16/03 Mon
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.