VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:40:27 06/16/03 Mon
Author: Paula
Subject: Re: First month measure & weigh in
In reply to: Sherri 's message, "Re: First month measure & weigh in" on 14:10:09 06/12/03 Thu

>Hang in there Sherri! I decided right from the beginning not to REALLY care what the numbers show, because in the end, it matters how you look and feel. I even think they were being a little "generous" with the first measurements, like letting the tape be looser in hopes that your first month measure would show improvement. But I kept saying, whatever it's doing, it's got to be good for me! I had my first measure last week and I GAINED 2 lbs, gained body mass (or whatever that thing is) and lost 7.8 inches. But the biggest sense of accomplishment I got was at my family's fathers day celebration yesterday when my sister said: You look great! You look muscular, and healthy! This is not someone who hands out compliments like that, and at first I discounted it, thinking "it's because I'm wearing this tank top" but then I realized, I could just as easily been wearing the same top and NOT gotten a compliment like that! So I'm really encouraged.

Paula

Thanks Coli! You always know just the right thing to
>say! My fat had also gone up and that was discouraging
>too. It was 30.2 at beginning and when she measured
>the other day, it was 30.7. She was surprised it had
>gone up, so i did it again right away and it had gone
>down to 29.7 so how reliable are those things?!
>
>I do walk 4-6 miles every other day and have for quite
>a few years so I am doing that. I just wanted to add
>something new and different to my routine. I do love
>Curves though!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.