VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:58:39 06/17/03 Tue
Author: Suz
Subject: Re: Third month and I need HELP!!
In reply to: Sheila 's message, "Third month and I need HELP!!" on 07:05:23 06/17/03 Tue

First of all, don't get discouraged!! There are a lot of variables that could be affecting your gains and losses. Fluid retention, muscle mass, the amount of weight you need to lose, stress. Even the person measuring you can make a difference. I always have the same person but in April she wasn't available so a different person measured me and I had very disappointing results.
As the owners said you are probably gaining some muscle which is a great thing.
We are just finishing the 6 wk challenge at our club. The dietician who led the group said it's easy for women to retain water and 1 gal. of water weighs 8lbs.!
Have you tried the Curves diet plan?
I'm not a Curves employee or a dietician but a desperately overweight woman in her mid forties who started Curves last Nov. (and the diet in Jan). To date I have lost 61.5 lbs and 78". The combination of the exercise & diet have been very effective for me. I still have 100lbs. to lose.
Talk to your owner about the diet. You take a little quiz to determine if you need the low-calorie or low-carb plan then go from there. You eat real food in reasonable quantities. Even if you try Phase 1 for the first two weeks or the plan for one month it may make a big difference.
Let me know how you make out.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Third month and I need HELP!! -- Deedy, 09:13:14 06/17/03 Tue
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.