VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:24:05 06/21/03 Sat
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Do you think I will see results with only 20 to 25 pounds to lose!
In reply to: Deedy 's message, "Do you think I will see results with only 20 to 25 pounds to lose!" on 23:03:14 06/20/03 Fri

You should see results no matter what you have to lose or gain, but here's the thing. Since you've lost a bit of weight and might not have really exercised during that loss, you MIGHT tone up without necessarily losing a ton more weight but end up in a smaller size than before you had the baby but be at a bit higher weight.

I moved 4 years ago at about 180 pounds and a size 18 or 20 regular (14W or 16W). I gained up to about 270 but wasn't that high too long. Started Curves at 255 and was a size 22W sometimes a 24W. I've lost a mere 30 pounds since I joined Curves 10 months ago but I'm already buying those 16Ws again and that means that either I will get down to my goal weight of 170 (I'm 5'10") and will be a much smaller size than I'm planning on being (Which is A-ok with me :) or I won't HAVE to concentrate on losing so much weight but concentrate more on getting down into that 12 or 14 regular that I should be at.

Most curves concentrate more on inch loss rather than weight loss because with a workout like Curves offers, it's going to almost always produce inch loss before weight loss and in my case, I lost 5 pounds in 6 months before starting the Curves diet where I've lost almost 25 pounds in 4 months on that. The combination of the two is the best recipe. And I don't mean ONLY the Curves diet but diet in general and exercise in general are the recipe :)

Let us know how you are doing from time to time for sure and let us know how your first month goes, when you get there ;)
Coli

>I had a baby a year ago and gained so much weight I
>stopped stepping on the scale at 220. I have now lost
>most of the weight but these last few pounds. So I
>thought I would change it up and join Curves. I
>joined last Thursday. I am trying to change my diet
>but slip sometimes but not really bad. I just was
>wondering now that I have gotten most of the weight
>off will these last ones take longer. Will I see the
>results people are talking about at Curves. I really
>work really hard on the machines. So much so that I
>really need to recover on the recover stations.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.