VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:19:29 04/28/03 Mon
Author: Bezz
Subject: Yes!!!
In reply to: Laura 's message, "Will Curves work for a reasonably fit person?" on 19:59:03 04/25/03 Fri

There are many benefits besides just losing weight that come from working out at Curves! You feel better, you don't have to spend hours in the gym and you can meet some wonderful women in your commmunity.

If you are used to working out for long lengths of time in a gym to get your cardio and strength training, Curves will be a dream come true for you. I used to spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the gym everyday strength training and doing cardio. Now, I just stop by Curves on my way home from work and do a quick 30 minutes on the circuit and I am home in time to start dinner and welcome my husband home from work!

Granted, my workout is not as intense as it used to be but I am still getting the benefits of working out. I am 5'1, 105 lbs. I didn't think I had any weight to lose but I lost 2 lbs in just 3 months and even lost inches!

I would try it out for a month or so to see if you like it and then, if you do, transfer to a bank draft and sign a contract for a year. Some Curves will even give you the extra $10 back to you if you do that.

-------------------------
>I'm thinking of joining Curves, but I'm not sure if it
>will work for me since I don't have much to lose.
>I've worked out consistently for the past 5 years,
>doing weight training and cardio. I'm in decent
>shape, however, I need to lose about 15-20 lbs. I'm
>currently a size 12/14 and would like to more of a
>10/12. I'm thinking that changing my routine by going
>to curves might help, and I'd do cardio on the days I
>don't go to curves. Any advice, success stories, etc?
> Thanks!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Absolutely -- Marnie, 13:34:19 04/28/03 Mon
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.