VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:21:15 03/03/03 Mon
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Is there anyone else who does NOT get results from a low-carb diet?
In reply to: Colorado Bev 's message, "Re: Is there anyone else who does NOT get results from a low-carb diet?" on 14:01:06 03/03/03 Mon

Yes, we are all different and low carb is not for everyone. What I've deduced from recent studies on the types of fats people have is, over the belt is carbs, under the belt is fats. So if you have a lot on your hips and thighs (more than your abs) it's because of the fats you eat. And vice versa means it's because of the carbs and your metabolism is lower than normal and doesn't burn off the carbs you eat before they turn into fat. I've certainly got more above my belt....but I haven't done much of a low carb diet yet. I've had friends who have done Atkins and had great success but as Bev said, it came back when the carbs were added in. I truly believe that depriving yourself of anything will lead you to fail unless you are prepared to NEVER have those things again. Portion control and eating better are what will help you in the long run.

People who diet are fatter than people who don't because most dieters lose the weight then put back even more when they go off the diet...and most dieters don't exercise and they do many diets in a row trying to find that MAGIC one that helps them keep it off. It simply FLOORS me to hear people talking about how much they have to lose and how they never do any exercise. they refuse to walk or take the stairs or VERY simple things like that that can add up quickly.

Have a great workout!
Coli

>I have had some results from low-carb and no-carb
>dieting; but, it was not long lasting. I gained the
>weight back if I added any carbs. Also, I felt
>absolutley horrible while I was on the diet. I have
>had better results with portion control and eating
>healthy non-processed food.
>
>I lost 20 pounds before I started Curves just by
>increasing my activity level. I went from a desk job
>to a very physically active job. Then I joined
>Curves, did the exercise, included portion control,
>and tried to include healthy non-processed food. The
>weight is staying off.
>
>Every person is so different. My daughter-in-law lost
>14 pounds in the first month on the Curves diet. Her
>mother did not lose. Everyone must find what works
>for them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.