VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:45:14 03/10/03 Mon
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Need some inspiration!
In reply to: Shegmt 's message, "Need some inspiration!" on 20:32:25 03/10/03 Mon

I'll tell you what my boyfriend and I do. Obviously he doesn't belong to Curves (altho I did have a dream about that!) but he is a member of club in town about a 3 minute drive from my curves. Since we carpool to work, I drop him off at his club to let him workout, while I go workout. Since I doubt if we were members of the same club we would be doing the same exercises, it's almost the same thing! I go do my 30-45 minutes (depending on how long I stretch) and then go back and get him. He gets a longer workout (As most men want) and I get my excellent Curves workout!

It's been working for us for 7 months now and I can see it working for a long time to come....

As for a diet, I agree with the sugar busters style diet. I have seen how well the Atkins diet works, while the person is on it. but add back in those fruits even and it's all back on in a matter of months. But cutting out processed carbs such as sugar and white flour will help you just as well and those are usually changes you can easily make and if you slip once in a while, you won't gain that 20 pounds back.

I did a slight modification last week, and lost 3 pounds and that's with having a bagel for breakfast on Friday morning and pizza for dinner that night...I'm doing it again this week in hopes that the loss will continue altho I know the amount will be smaller...at least it should be.

But surprisingly, for me, it was an easy modification and I'll still eat pasta once in a while and pizza once in a while, but as long as it's not every single night that I have a ton of bad carbs, I'll do good :)

>Tomorrow will be my first day at curves! Today I got
>weighed (heavily I might add :) and measured. My
>husband is upset because he wanted to join a gym with
>me and thinks it will be a waste of money when I stop
>going (supportive eh?). Losing 20 lbs would make me a
>very happy girl not to mention being a smaller size. I
>feel that I need to do something regimated-I am not
>very self disciplined. Please someone share your
>stories and confirm that I made the right decision.
>Wish me luck!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Need some inspiration! -- Shelley, 17:04:16 03/11/03 Tue
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.