VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:03:40 03/11/03 Tue
Author: Coli
Subject: Re: Fibromyalgia & Curves?
In reply to: Linda 's message, "Fibromyalgia & Curves?" on 07:29:51 03/11/03 Tue

I think Curves would be a FABULOUS place for you. I recall several threads like this from a few months ago so check the archives for better answers....but there is a gal that just started at my club, probably two or three weeks ago. I haven't heard her say it but from her general movements, I believe she has fibromyalgia and she's made so much progress since last I saw her (was like two weeks ago and I saw her again last night). She's still slow to get around the circuit but it's certainly faster than the first time I saw her and I think she's really seeing progress in other areas of her life.

A lot of people will tell you Curves was mainly designed for older ladies and people needing physical therapy and while I don't agree totally with that (My friend who's an avid athelete, hockey, softball, water sports, just joined and she finds it challenging!) I think it is a great place. Someone talked about a lady at her club that started out using a cane to get around the circuit and now she doesn't even have to use it to get in and out of the club!

Curves will certianly help you gain muscle mass and strengthen your joints. I say give it a try, you have NOTHING To lose. and if you still aren't convinced, try the free week trial and see how you feel :)

Good luck!
Coli

>I am 52 years old and have Fibromyalgia. I am
>wondering if I could do the exercises at Curves. Right
>now I am going to Physiotherapy and I am not making
>much progress. My muscles are very weak and need to be
>stronger to support my knees and my ankles. I could
>stand to lose about 5 pounds, but exercise to
>strengthen my muscles is my main interest. Can Curves
>provide that and the assistance that I would need to
>have, to know what I can do safely? Thank you, Linda

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• i have fibro too., -- future_bikini_babe, 11:53:21 03/12/03 Wed
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.