VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Port Charles Cancelled

Author:
Barbara Ann
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:27:05 08/07/03 Thu
In reply to: Alecia 's message, "Nightmare" on 18:37:03 06/27/03 Fri

I just found out this news myself, a few nights ago on the official Port Charles ABC website. (I usually post on the official Soap.Net boards, but for some reason they aren't letting me post anymore due to some FLASH player requirement). I was deeply shocked to say the least--Port Charles is the absolute best soap opera I have ever seen, and I just love the show because it's so unique and NOT like all the nauseating daytime soaps. (It's shown late night here, 1:40AM to 2:10AM PT).

I love that it's interesting, unique with the paranormal stuff, more of a family show-small cast of characters that seem more wholesome and real than most soaps. Frankly PC is the highlight of my night, and I really look forward to that half hour. I will be lost without that to look forward to every night. I used to hate the weekends, withdrawals LOL.

Not that obsessed, just feel PC is a great show with wonderful characters/actors and unlike any other daytime soap. I like how they focus only on a few people at a time, and have the 13 week chapters that resolve plots more quickly. I have been watching since around right before Time In A Bottle, so it's been awhile. I can't imagine not having that half hour to watch during weeknights. The Characters become almost like family, the show has such a small town atmosphere. And being a former X-File fan-I enjoy the paranormal element, with all the Vampires, Slayers, Avatars, Witches, Angels, etc.

The only thing I hated was the 30 minute format, I felt like PC was teasing me with only 20 minutes of actual programming a night-and it was SO GOOD I wanted to see more, it was never enough. If the half hour format is causing financial problems, I don't see why the producers don't extend it to the more normal hour format and get more sponsors, advertising revenue etc. to support the show. I have always wished fervently PC was a full hour, as I loved to watch it so much and looked forward to it, the half hour always went by too quickly. They should make the show an hour, which would satisfy the viewers more and make for a much more enjoyable show. Oh well....

I wish I had picked up the show earlier, it started in 1997 apparently. I missed a lot-but you fall in love with the writing and characters so quickly you feel as if you've been watching forever. Why are they cancelling one of the best put together soaps, and most interesting shows in general on Broadcast TV? It doesn't make sense. I stay up until 2AM every weeknight just to see PC-that's how important it is to me. I structure my schedule and activities around it, and make sure not to miss it whenever possible.

I don't understand why such a wonderful show is being cancelled, except the brief explanation on the ABC Port Charles webpage. VERY sad to see it go-it's such a part of my life, I can't imagine not having that 30 minutes of joy to look forward to every night, in an otherwise dismal late night programming universe.

This will be very sad indeed. I can't imagine any of those Actors/Actresses in regular daytime soaps--and they are all so good and real! Allison especially was always my favorite, she is such a natural and gifted actress. Where will they put her?

Bravo to a soap well done, and tears to a program that I love, and that has found a way in my heart...leaving.

Barbara Ann

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
i feel your painAndrew16:52:39 09/03/03 Wed
port charels being CANCELED!Sheena Regan16:34:10 10/05/03 Sun
Its So SadTina01:27:38 10/06/03 Mon
So DisappointedLisa (It's so sad)10:52:58 03/08/07 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.