VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:31:42 11/01/12 Thu
Author: Alec Davies
Subject: 2nd Day review

Well today was my second trip to the driving range and this time i took the 5i, 7i, 9i and LW. I took out a 100 balls as the special made them the same price as 75 (sorry David I know you say stick with 50!) I started hitting with my 7i which felt familiar following on form yesterdays practice, hit some nice straight shots although still this 10 yards back form my old clubs. To this end I am going to take my old 6i and hit maybe 5 balls and get a comparison as at the moment the weather is running at 6c degrees plus it's range balls, so maybe these aspects are affecting distance. David warns against hitting your old clubs so this is a one-off experiment. I then grabbed my 5i which is a club I haven't been able to hit for quite a while in fact I had replaced it with a 24d rescue. Out of 20 balls hit there where 5 long but not nice shots but that meant 15 were there or there abouts on target which is a 75% hit rate, a figure unheard off with my old clubs. I then hit good shots with my 9i and LW. I don't have any trouble switching clubs and am not in the least fazed by hitting longer "short" irons. If, like me, you believe in the logic of the system and of grooving just the one swing for all clubs you will be in a positive frame of mind. I have the state of mind that every swing with every club is also practice for the next swing no matter the club in hand.
I am pleased with the way things are progressing as I groove the one swing approach and follow the Playability Tips.
I am hitting the 6i about 150 yards against this can anyone recommend a ball that is working well for them with the 1-Irons?
Many thanks and I hope these ramblings aren't boring you all!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: 2nd Day review -- Steve C., 17:58:58 11/01/12 Thu

I use Srixon A.D. 333 or If a colored ball is needed, I'll use Srixon Q-Star. Taylormade Rocketballz and Callaway Hex Chrome work for me also, but I sell those so that's why I use the Srixon ones. My favorite though are Chromium Metallic. They are easy to see in the air and on the ground, though I only use them when the hole has no water hazard (just in case).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2nd Day review -- Customer Care - 1 Iron Golf, 19:41:59 11/01/12 Thu

As far as the type or brand of ball to use you can click on the following link for our views: Golf Balls

1 Iron Golf
Customer Care
Golf Clubs

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2nd Day review -- Roy Reed (R2), 22:10:07 11/04/12 Sun

Alec: There are a lot of great golf balls out there. I recommend you first determine your swing-speed by having it checked at one of your local golf shops. Generally, the faster your swing speed, the higher-compression ball you should be playing. And if you have a slow swing speed, a lower-compression ball will give you maximum distance since it compresses better off the clubface. For example, my swing speed is slow (75-80 mph) so I play a low-compression ball. I tried a lot of different ones and settled on the Bridgestone e5 for summer, and the Wilson Staff "50" for winter play. My son-in-law has a very high swing speed (above 115 mph) and plays the Titlest Pro V-1 all year long. You'll need to try several different balls before you find one that gives you the "feel" you're looking for. Just a word of caution: different balls really do react differently on the club face, so playing with a "mixed-bag" or variety of balls can really screw up your game. Also, I agree 100% with Mr Lake about checking golf ball roundness and using the "Check-Go" - I check EVERY ball I play with, and mark those that are playable with the check-go. These two tools are well worth their small cost, especially if you're serious about your game. Hope this helps a little. Hit 'em straight! R2

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.