VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:36:22 12/28/13 Sat
Author: Anthony Collyns
Subject: Dropping stokes already

Played my 1st game with my 1irons today. Have been to the range 3 times to acclimatise myself with the new clubs. Although I did hit quite a few bad shots and had some 3 putts I still managed to shoot 90 off the stick( no mulligans). Best shot was on par 5, 110 meters out and landed gap wedge 1.5 metres from pin and putted in for birdie. Must say these clubs are designed to be accurate. I hit more greens in regulation and hit more fairways than usual. Dont worry about any loss of distance as I was hitting my 3 iron as long as my friends 12 degree driver. I have lost no distance using these clubs over my old set and am a lot more accurate on account of the confidence gained by using same length sticks. Thanks to David and the team for producing a great set of clubs that are high quality, look fantastic and do what they are intended to , hit lower scores through consistency.
I myself was a bit dubious at first about the 1iron system, but now I would never go back to off the rack clubs.
Happy golfing everyone.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Dropping stokes already -- jerry (Good to hear...), 14:05:29 12/31/13 Tue

I'm considering getting a set myself. What's your handicap, age and any physical problems. I'm 66 and have a bad knee so I'm looking for help. Did you get woods as well as irons?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Dropping stokes already -- Anthony Collyns, 16:39:18 01/01/14 Wed

I'm 48, handicap low twenties, no physical ailments. Wish I had these clubs years ago. Also purchased driver and 5 wood. All high quality and look and feel great. Very happy with purchase.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Dropping stokes already -- Roy Reed (R2), 22:56:27 01/03/14 Fri

Jerry: One other thing you should check out is the great Nova hybrid iron sets - they are built to the same exacting standards as the regular 1-Irons, but have graphite shafts and wider soles. They are awesome clubs for senior golfers, especially if you have a slower swing speed. There is a link to them on the 1-Iron site (see Hybrids) and they are a little more expensive. One of my students plays them and simply LOVES them. I played regular 1-Irons for several years, and really liked them. I'm 69 now and switched to hybrids a year ago because my swing speed has dropped to about 75mph. Anyway, either way, you won't go wrong. Hit 'em straight! R2

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.