VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:46:53 05/02/14 Fri
Author: Carlos Tomas
Subject: Club Head Path

I haven't posted here in quite a long time. The last time I was still struggling with my swing, trying to work with my complete set of 1-Iron woods and irons. I tried everything in all of Mr. Lake's newsletters. Slowly but surely over time things began to get better, but I didn't know exactly why. One of the newsletter suggestions was to get the headphones on and listen to music while on the driving range, drowning out all distractions, allowing increased focus. This is what got me going in the right direction. Over time, and I'm talking a couple of years, my ball was going mostly where I wanted it to go, with acceptable trajectory and distance. And my scores on the course improved as a result. My previous best results were 3 dips down into the high 80's (89, 89, and 86), but with most scores in the low to mid 90's. Now, most of my scores are in the mid to high 80's. It's a disappointing round when my score hits the 90's.

It took a while, but I finally figured out what I'd been doing right. The headphones caused me to focus on feel, so I know what "right" feels like. It turns out that the path in the air the club head takes during the swing is probably the most critical component. I had been keeping my right elbow in constant contact with my ribcage all through the swing, thanks to another great tip from Mr. Lake. Without doing anything with my wrists, just leaving them in "neutral" position without twisting or turning them in any way, just following those 2 things causes my club head to trace the correct inside-out path, well, mostly. When I examined my hip position at impact, and compared it with that of just about any good golfer on YouTube, I found my hips to be pointing about 45 degrees towards the target. To get in that position, I had to feel like I was striking the ball with the right side of my body, specifically the right shoulder and right hip. Doing that, you just can't avoid getting good extension.

I'll never be a pro golfer. But I'm a happy guy on the golf course these days. Thanks to my 1-Iron clubs, Mr. Lake's tips, and a set of headphones.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.