VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:25:49 05/12/14 Mon
Author: Steve (Fine)
Subject: 2 buckets in on my 3-PW set!!!!

Hey everybody!! I received my PW-3I set on Friday 5/9!!! 2 range session buckets later-I have this to report!! If you are 6'2" or taller, and have always been a left to right hitter, then this is for YOU!!!
1.) These clubs will play WAY closer to your body then you probably have ever hit before...
2.) David's tip of keeping your right elbow tucked to your hip is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT!!
I was consistently hitting these clubs with my normal swing, but always close to the toe, no matter what I did!! Then I brought the clubs in to an almost straight down looking stance(like my putter) and kept my right elbow on my hip so I would make a turn, instead of a cast....AWESOME!!!!! I am killing every club down the middle(8 out of 10) after only 2 buckets!!! It has all come down to turning around my body with a 3/4 swing and I am hitting longer than ever but straighter....if you are contemplating buying these clubs, and are a 12+ handicapper that doesn't play alot of rounds every year---BUY THIS SET!! Thanx David...can't wait to play my first round in a couple weeks after a few more range sessions!!!
Steve
Arizona and luvin golf again!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: 2 buckets in on my 3-PW set!!!! -- Carlos Tomas, 09:21:48 05/27/14 Tue

I quite agree with the tip of keeping the right elbow tucked into the right hip. I think of it as elbow/hip contact throughout the swing, from address to the top of the backswing. On the downswing I focus on rotating my right shoulder and hip towards the back of the ball, and continue this feeling through the hitting area. This gives me really great arm extension. I end up with my hips opened 45 degrees or so towards the target. The majority of the time I look up to see my ball headed in the direction I was hoping, with nice trajectory and acceptable distance. I don't get huge distance, but I like being able to not only find my ball, but usually finding it somewhere good. For the 7-iron, I get about 150 yards. My drives are in the 225-250 yard range. I almost never lose a ball.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.