VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:00:39 01/27/15 Tue
Author: Rob
Subject: Re: More Than Happy
In reply to: Dennis 's message, "More Than Happy" on 00:13:47 08/07/14 Thu

Am also a leftie and have all the irons. I know David would disagree with what I have done, but I increased the length from about my original sand iron to the length of my 8 iron. To me this has been a great move. I used to use the 1 Irons as a practise club to hone my swing, but now I use them exclusively. No woods for lefties is a pain, so I have XXIO woods which are fantastic. Still struggle with full wedge shots but I am confident this will improve with practise....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: More Than Happy -- Jake, 13:13:36 02/10/15 Tue

Also a lefty. I have all the irons save for the GW. Just waiting on inventory for those to place my order.
I've been extremely pleased with my irons over the last 2 years. I prefer to choke down a bit for chipping. Just personal preference. I also use standard grips as preference also.
In the absence of woods, I only carry a Cobra Baffler 19 degree hybrid. Being 5'6" and a small frame, I cut it down 3 inches and it performs very well. I took this approach to achieve better consistency and it compliments what David says about longer clubs not meaning extra yardage.
I look forward to completing my iron set! Thanks again David.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.