VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wednesday, May 22, 10:31:12amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 06, 09:04:50pm
Author: pm
Subject: oregon state

Hi we are new to oregon and were thinking of doing UF and were wondering how the numbers are usually for this pageant.Thanks!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: oregon state -- WA Mom, Friday, October 07, 10:28:18am

Hi, this is the first year that UF has had a state pageant in OR or WA.
In WA there were 19 or 20, which is pretty good size for this area.
I'm not sure how many were at the UMMI/UF Mini National in February this year.
I would think at least 10-15 will be at the OR pageant. (JMO)
Contact Nicole, the director for more info. She's always very helpful!!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> OR STATE - 6 UF Entries, 7 UMMI Entries -- Nicole, Friday, October 07, 12:18:57pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: OR STATE - 6 UF Entries, 7 UMMI Entries -- Shari, Monday, December 11, 06:01:50pm

I'm going to enter UF and UMMI in Oregon this year!

[ Edit | View ]

[> SORRY! Hit enter too soon.. click in for more information... -- Nicole, Friday, October 07, 12:25:18pm

Thank you for your interest in UMMI and UF!

Last year I only offered UF at the IDAHO state pageant. I have added it to all the state pageants this year. This is my 3rd year with the state pageants. The first year in OR I had around 9 contestants, 10-11 the second year and I had 12 last year. I am hoping to continue my trend of 1 more contestant every year and hit the 13 contestant mark this year. =) I had 33 contestants in the UF Regional pageant last year.

OR state tends to be smaller than the WA state pageant, but we have just as much fun! The prizes are all the same for all of the state pageants. Feel free to check out the web site at http://www.nwuniversal.com for all the details. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: oregon state -- Awesone Pageant, Awesome Director, Friday, October 07, 07:43:46pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: oregon state -- pm, Monday, October 10, 07:33:56pm

What exactly would she need to wear. We have never done a UF and I know its natural so would you reccomend no-glitz. What do they wear? Also how many changes of clothes will she need. How would we have a chance at supreme? What should we enter to get this supreme? Thanks! Sorry we are still rookies at the pageant thing we have only entered one pageant programs supreme and it came as a package but i know in others you not only need the pakage but there are also othe optionals needed to be in the running. Also so photogenic/cover/center for UF do they want untouched photos?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: oregon state -- It's always WISE to ask the director these questions, Wednesday, October 12, 07:26:35am

that way you get the RIGHT answer!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Please click IN for Details -- Nicole, Wednesday, October 12, 10:39:53am

The following applies to the UNIVERSAL FACES PAGEANT only.

There are a total of THREE events:

#1 - Off the Rack Casual Wear - This should be an outfit that you purchase from a store. It should be something you would wear in "Real" life. This is your first on stage event.
#2 - T-Shirt Wear - This is a T-shirt color of your choice, white pants/skirt/shorts/capris with white shoes and socks. You are responsible to provide all elements of this outfit. This is your second on stage event and is the "Main" event.
#3 - Interview - Interview is one on one with the panel of judges. The attire for this event is your T-shirt outfit you wore during the T-shirt competition.

The on stage events are scored on Facial Beauty, Personality and Stage Presence.

All clothes should be non glitz and hair styles should be everyday style.

All of the above 3 events are required to win the top 3 supreme titles. Other titles require only T-shirt and others require T-shirt plus one event.

The structure of this pageant is such that anyone and everyone has an equal chance at winning. Attire, hair and makeup are all every day styles. No photos are required to win the Grand Supreme titles.

There are several OPTIONAL events you can participate in, but participation is completely optional and not necessary to win any of the crowned titles - only the 3 competitions outlined above are required for the crowned titles.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. =)

Thank you,
Nicole

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: oregon state -- PM- A.Rose, Wednesday, October 12, 09:48:48pm

Thank you to all the ladies for your help and to you Nicole for taking the time to help my daughter and I out!!!!! We are excited and look forward to meeting some new "Oregon" pageant friends!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: oregon state -- Welcome! What state did you come from?, Thursday, October 13, 07:03:31am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: oregon state -- pm, Wednesday, October 19, 04:32:49am

We came from southern california!!! We are glad to see everyone seems a little more friendly and willing to offer help in the NW!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: oregon state -- Donna, Monday, October 17, 03:58:50pm

My daughters have been doing Nicole's pageants for 4 years (is that right). Her pageants are fun and exciting for the girls, they all walk away with something and she is really good at doing her best to make sure everyone gets a crown. I have even seen her crawl around on the floor under a table so she could find a crown for a little girl at a prelim. This is really great for the younger ones because no matter if they win the Grand Supreme or 2nd Princess title, they end up feeling like winners. There is nothing cuter than watching little girls run around after a pageant showing everyone what they won.

In addition to what Nicole tells you, look over her web site really carefully, see what other contestants wore, how they had their hair and what level of make up they did or did not wear. It will give you lots of tips. But remember that just because judges in Washington loved a little girl with pigtails, does not mean that the Oregon judges will feel the same way, so dont try to mimic what was done elsewhere but rather use what is there to help guide you while staying with your childs style.

Your childs sytle is also important. If she hates her outfits, she will not do as well onstage as if she loves them, so make sure you get something little "Suzy" will love.

Most importantly, practice that smile! and be ready for a great day.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: oregon state -- pm, Wednesday, October 19, 04:34:52am

THANK YOU!!!! We are soooo excited!!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: oregon state -- G.W. - National Director, Wednesday, June 27, 06:37:15am

Majestic Moments
Natural - Low Glitz

Majestic Moments
www.mmpageants.com
majesticmoments1@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.