VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:51:45 03/21/17 Tue
Author: fair
Subject: Yes, we do. Years ago, TC explained they could raise tuition for everyone or charge a fee to those who are going to the competition - it does seem more fair to do it this way, why should a Beginner pay more so your teacher can be there for you at a major? And when you say it breaks down to $200 an hour - I'm sure they put it toward their travel expenses first which means they're not just banking $200 an hour.
In reply to: Curious 's message, "Teachers fees for majors" on 18:59:30 03/16/17 Thu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• And this is why most dance teachers work full time in addition to teaching. There's no way to make a livable wage when parents cry foul everytime you charge for your time. I certainly understand that not all schools are golden and not all families feel like they're getting the right value for their money. But it sure feels like teachers can never win based on the conversations on these boards. (NT) -- Senior Lady, 08:37:46 03/23/17 Thu
  • I agree. Yes, this is an expensive activity. Especially when considering the cost of travel and costumes. However, I don't understand the insistence by some parents to act as if teachers shouldn't be charging for their time and services. And their time and services include traveling for competitions. (NT) -- none, 09:59:44 03/23/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.