VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:14:16 03/24/17 Fri
Author: -
Subject: My DD does these performances because they are fun and she likes to dance - more inside
In reply to: Confused 's message, "How is it legal to take money for underage kids to dance while not paying kids? It seems very wrong." on 07:54:43 03/23/17 Thu

She has been a part of a school where the teacher kept prices reasonable and did not make excess monetary demands on parents, In this case, most families felt a responsibility to the TC to volunteer for performances (I cannot recall a dancer not doing ST. Patrick's Day performances unless injured, and it was not mandatory). She has also attended a school where the the monetary demands were outrageous, and TCs often cancelled class and didn't offer make-ups, hiked up tuition multiple times in a year, and generally fleeced the parents. DD did performances when she could because she likes to perform, but we didn't break our necks to get her there. Felt no obligation to do these for TCs. At both schools, we had zero expectation of getting anything out of the performance but a fun time. It amazes me that kids and parents would expect to get paid for these.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• We are not exactly getting paid professional wages for our dance outs! Perhaps a few hundred per show, but makes sense to me the teacher should first get paid for their time organizing the show and producing the choreography, and then any leftovers could go to the dancers. At the price we get for shows, there is rarely any leftover. I think the other way around - paying the student dancers and NOT the professional teacher who has poured their life into their dance education, making the choreographies, and teaching the students - would be completely wrong. (NT) -- seriously, 07:25:55 03/24/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.