VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:51:09 04/05/17 Wed
Author: I'm the mom who booked the venue. Allow me to lay it out for you.
Subject: To the poster above accusing this school/feis committee of playing games,
In reply to: I think it unfair to play these games 's message, "Its probably a good time to get a full feis since everyone wants to be seen there. This feis was moved to this date from a later time in the year." on 18:42:58 04/04/17 Tue

Before you go and allege that there is "game playing" going on when choosing the date of a feis, it's best to have the facts before you, don't you think?

I personally booked the venue. It's a very, very popular location for dance competitions and various other large events. Early episodes of Dance Moms were filmed here :) In addition to being extremely popular, it is essentially unavailable to non-school events on Saturdays, leaving us with only Sundays.
Our reserved date with the NAFC is the 3rd Sunday in April which, as it turns out, is EASTER Sunday in 2017. Hmmm, that's clearly not going to work. So we looked at other Sundays in April - Well the 2nd Sunday is Palm Sunday. That won't work either. So that left us with the 1st, 4th, and 5th Sundays.
I called the venue literally the week after the 2016 Feis (held on April 17th) to inquire as to date availability. It was already booked for the 4th and 5th Sundays. Apparently, this particular venue books up over a year in advance. Did I mention it's a very, very popular location for dance competitions? That left us with the 1st Sunday in April. As a previous poster noted, the ADCRG of the school does not have a crystal ball and had NO IDEA that she'd be judging World's when we set the date. Moreover, there is no restriction on hosting a feis anyway.
I hope that this will set the record straight. It's very demoralizing to work so very, very hard on a feis and to come on the voy boards and see a parent casting aspertions regarding "playing games" on our feis committee, school, and ADCRG based on RUMORS.
Sincerely, Leigh McKane

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.