VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:44:52 04/07/17 Fri
Author: .
Subject: I am not totally disagreeing with you, but your analogy bothers me a bit. Your dancer is not an employee, If we are sticking with the industry analogy, your dancer is a consumer and is either satisfied or not with the service consumed. We are talking about people here and there are always egos involved, some very big! More inside.
In reply to: True class shows 's message, "Just as in the work world, within an inductry you don't badmouth a prior employer after you leave. It gives you a bad reputation. If you speak ill of one person, you'll speak ill of another. Likewise - if you leave a school, move on and enjoy whee you are, and thank the prior TC for getting you to where you were before leaving. bb" on 11:57:16 04/06/17 Thu

It all comes down to what is important to you and your dancer, If people cannot respect your needs and perspective, I don't know that there opinion is worth considering. As a parent you have to decide what is best for your child, always considering the impact on the child. From my perspective if I have tried to work things out with the current teacher and that situation is not for my child, it is an easy decision to move on or stay and if other parents and students cannot respect that, it is their problem. That may hurt a little in the short run, but you are modeling the behavior you want to instill in your child to advocate for herself and make decisions in her best interest. Dealing with the fall out of a controversial decision is a part of life.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.