VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:38:48 05/15/17 Mon
Author: Dm
Subject: There are so many more younger champ dancers than there used to be thanks to so many more feis opetions.
In reply to: Concerned 's message, "Is anyone noticing fewer grade level dancers? Seems like many feis can longer fill their grades cap? Anyone have a theory as to why?" on 03:44:01 05/15/17 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• At least at our school, the culture has changed. Now it's drive, drive, drive the young ones to move up asap. When my kids started, it was "take your time in each level, it's not all about just results. (NT) -- 8yo pc, not 8yo n/pw, 10:05:18 05/15/17 Mon
  • Yes that is the drive- they want to stay ahead of bubble- which is smart in one aspect but not sure how it is for the long haul. Get to champ before the groups get huge, get into all the extra classes sooner, etc. Used to be the hand selected few in our school but now it's a free for all- (NT) -- major race- exasperating to watch, 18:44:13 05/15/17 Mon
  • It's like this with any competitive kids activity though not just Irish dance. My DD started dancing when she was older and I do think it is easier to get out of grades when you are younger. (NT) -- nt, 06:25:18 05/16/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.