VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:49:04 10/01/17 Sun
Author: Clarity
Subject: Rules questions - disqualification and stage size

Question #1- if the musician plays the wrong music and the dancers start dancing to it, are they disqualified? Shouldn't they know by Open ia slip jig from a reel?

Question #2 - what are the rules about a champion stage size? Who decides if dancers dance 2 or 3 for hard shoe?

I drove 6+ hours so my dancer could see a different group in her line. I was surprised to see the following: a stage that was built right up to the wall, dancers from u9 thru Seniors in prelim and open dancing HS three at a time. The feis had a 500 competition cap including 250 champions with only 2 stages. Although, this is a small feis compared to the ones closer to us, I was surprised to see so few judges and stages.

The feis organizers probably made a nice sum off of the feis at the expense of the dancers who danced in less than desirable conditions, the musicians who had to play all day and into the night and the judges who worked close to 11 hours with so few breaks. I made the decision to leave early but the musicians and judges have to do it all over today.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.