VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: I wish Journey would wake up and see their error

Author:
Mark ( Journey fan before Steve Perry)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:31:03 03/18/06 Sat

I was listening to Journey a long time before Steve joined with Neil. I think I still have those big black round things with grooves of those sessions. But they didn't evolve into the supergroup until after Steve & Jonathan joined the group. Steve brought the most to the table with his vocal talent and his lyrics, & Jonathan finished it off.
Now to the facts. Anyone that knows anything about singing will tell you that it's not just the ability to hit notes that makes a singer. It's also the ability to hold those notes and give tone to those notes.
Steve AusJus (a dipping sauce for beef)can hit notes and is good at it, and a recording studio can do wonders to a singers vocal tract to repair lame vocals. When I saw Journey in concert with him, I left wondering what the hell the band was thinking when they hired this guy. Yes he could hit the notes, but his tone and sustaining quality weren't even close.
Steve Perry is the man. FTLOSM is a great recording of soulful, energy charged, flat out rock n roll songs from a SINGER/ songwriter of great talent. Where has Journey been without him? Nowhere. Pawning off some fake Steve Perry wannabe as the real thing. I haven't seen them play since a state fair in 2001.
I would purchase anything new from Steve Perry, especially if it was a new Journey album

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: I wish Journey would wake up and see their errorDana Jackson17:56:15 03/19/06 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.