VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:23:08 07/19/08 Sat
Author: Katey
Subject: Re: "Think about it !"
In reply to: Keith 's message, "Re: "Think about it !"" on 20:43:54 07/17/08 Thu

>Certainly it is the attitude that management has
>towards Rennies. :p

Whatever drives the business without driving the business owner insane is a good management attitude. That and pleasing the greatest number of customers possible, which will end up meaning you lose some who thought your place was better before you changed it.

That's any business. Why should an entertainment business be asked to run differently?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: "Think about it !" -- Keith, 22:46:09 07/19/08 Sat

>>Certainly it is the attitude that management has
>>towards Rennies. :p
>
>Whatever drives the business without driving the
>business owner insane is a good management attitude.
>That and pleasing the greatest number of customers
>possible, which will end up meaning you lose some who
>thought your place was better before you changed it.
>
>That's any business. Why should an
>entertainment business be asked to run differently?

I think trouble here stems from folks thinking that it should be run less as a business and more as something that is cherished and loved. While this is a wonderful idea in theory, I will admit it does not make the best business practice. Most Rennies in this area cut their teeth on KRF and as with most things they think it was better "back in the day" they feel a special connection to the faire and they don't always feel like that is reciprocated by the faire.

As for myself, well KRF is where I started out. I don't really think it has changed that much in the time I have been going. If I can point out one major problem I have with KRF it is the no readmittance policy. I see no need for this policy and I believe it loses vendors sales. See if this theory makes sense to you: Someone sees this great sworld/cloak/bodice but they don't want to carry it around all day, so they put off buying that sword/cloak/bodice till the end of the day. By the end of the day they have either forgotten where the hell they saw the stuff they wanted and/or have come to their senses and decided dropping that much cash on something they don't "need" is foolish. And so they vendor misses out on that sale.

Perhaps you have a different point of view that can explain the need for this policy?

Also, some how this has turned into another KRF bashing thread, which honestly no one really needs. So why don't we just leave it at this; KRF runs a very good business.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.