VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:02:05 09/03/08 Wed
Author: Brenda (Amused)
Subject: Re: KRF in the Providence Journal... CHECK IT OUT!!!
In reply to: JulieIntheGreen 's message, "Re: KRF in the Providence Journal... CHECK IT OUT!!!" on 15:35:07 08/31/08 Sun

OMG Julie I love YOU!!! I think I ranted once upon a time in here about people not knowing the difference between the 2.. YAY for U LOL

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: KRF in the Providence Journal... CHECK IT OUT!!! -- Brenda (Ranting!??), 18:28:52 09/03/08 Wed

Just to add my 2 or 3 cents... In years past, of which I have worked many, people have asked me what "Rennaissance" is or was.I give them a short version and thus they get a history lesson... I point out that at the very start of KRF they adheared to( and I use this loosley)being more period.
Its the reporters duty to know their history enough NOT to mix the two time periods together in the same sentence, unless they are talking or comparing said time periods. I guess it is a pet peeve of mine as well... of which I go to great pains to explain the difference. So as far as the comment of not caring about getting a history lesson.. this bar wench makes sure she does her part to edge a ma kate her public or her mundanes. BTW in MHO people who visit the faire year after year, in costume or not, and partisipate and play with those of us who do work the faire,should not be considered "MUNDANE" (Loretta, Vicki, and Norman I love you guys and would NEVER in a million years use the "M" word on you!!!)AMOF these people add the the flavor of the faire, no matter what the political climate. Ok my rant is done. I miss all of you terribly and will be down to see all of you soon.
Love and squeezes
Brenda

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: KRF in the Providence Journal... CHECK IT OUT!!! -- Longtime (22 years) KRF'er, 16:10:59 09/05/08 Fri

I appreciate your reply Brenda and I have no doubt that most fairegoers would enjoy a brief history lesson from a pleasant, lovely bar wench like youself!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.