VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]


[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:13:24 04/13/09 Mon
Author: Frank
Subject: Healing energy requested

Last Friday, my 8-year-old son, Nicholas, was attacked by his friend's dog, who ripped off part of his upper lip.

We don't know yet if there will be permanent disfigurement.
We were told to keep the wound open and moist to allow tissue to continue to grow until he can be evaluated by a plastic surgeon sometime this week.

I am possibly the least spiritual person ever to work a renfaire, but I promised my wife I would send out the word asking for healing energy to help Nicholas heal.

He's been really brave and forgiving of the dog that attacked him.

Thank you.
Frank Dixon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]


Replies:

[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Michael Paolucci, 14:03:49 04/13/09 Mon

>Last Friday, my 8-year-old son, Nicholas, was attacked
>by his friend's dog, who ripped off part of his upper
>lip.
>
>We don't know yet if there will be permanent
>disfigurement.
>We were told to keep the wound open and moist to allow
>tissue to continue to grow until he can be evaluated
>by a plastic surgeon sometime this week.
>
>I am possibly the least spiritual person ever to work
>a renfaire, but I promised my wife I would send out
>the word asking for healing energy to help Nicholas
>heal.
>
>He's been really brave and forgiving of the dog that
>attacked him.
>
>Thank you.
>Frank Dixon

That has to be just nerve wracking for all of you,
give him a hug from the old maze pirate, and I'll
throw a bunch of healing mojo out there for him
tonight! Keep us in formed of his progress, and drop
a line if there's anything he needs.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> [> Re: Healing energy requested -- Gyllian (all will be well), 15:46:13 04/21/09 Tue

I no shit had the same thing happen to me when i was 7 or 8, and every thing turned out fine,never went near the dog again, but hey.., this area heals very fast and the skin is very forgiving at that age!
Non the less,all the best wougie-woudgie out there, speedy recovery!
Gyllian
PS: I did become a Rennie in later life .., maybe some silver, or a regeiment of wolfsbane or something?


>>Last Friday, my 8-year-old son, Nicholas, was attacked
>>by his friend's dog, who ripped off part of his upper
>>lip.
>>
>>We don't know yet if there will be permanent
>>disfigurement.
>>We were told to keep the wound open and moist to allow
>>tissue to continue to grow until he can be evaluated
>>by a plastic surgeon sometime this week.
>>
>>I am possibly the least spiritual person ever to work
>>a renfaire, but I promised my wife I would send out
>>the word asking for healing energy to help Nicholas
>>heal.
>>
>>He's been really brave and forgiving of the dog that
>>attacked him.
>>
>>Thank you.
>>Frank Dixon
>
>That has to be just nerve wracking for all of you,
>give him a hug from the old maze pirate, and I'll
>throw a bunch of healing mojo out there for him
>tonight! Keep us in formed of his progress, and drop
>a line if there's anything he needs.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Lewi - Threads of Time, 12:14:36 04/14/09 Tue

Sending healing thoughts and prayers. hope it doesn't make him scared of dogs in the future. dogs are like people, there are good ones and bad ones. The good ones make life tolerable for some of us.
speedy healing!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> [> Re: Healing energy requested -- Cliff, 12:18:09 04/14/09 Tue

I've been spreading the word, so lots of good thougths are heading your way.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Jan aka Mistress Katie of the Kid's Cove, 19:48:44 04/14/09 Tue

All of us in the Kid's Cove, as well as the Truffle Trollops, are sending healing energy, thoughts & prayers. As Mike said, please keep us informed.

jan

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]



[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Chris, 13:04:13 04/15/09 Wed

Jasmine and my thoughts are with all of you. You have my number...if we can do anything (even babysit Max while going to the hosp.) please let us know.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> [> New york state pepper spray -- Rusti (New york state pepper spray), 21:20:29 03/17/10 Wed

How are you. You can learn as much - or more - from one glance at a private space as you can from hours of exposure to a public face. Help me! I can not find sites on the: New york state pepper spray. I found only this - making pepper spray. Their girls run touring policy does and wallop associations, hitting illegal spray spray and safety games, forming decided firearms, and failing technological people, pepper spray. Pepper spray, the right was pushed generally after 67 rumors, even however as spray of crime face, violence people, and impersonal second way mammals. Thanks :mad:. Rusti from India.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Frank, 07:38:26 04/16/09 Thu

Thank you to everyone who has sent their well-wishes (I have way with words).
We saw a plastic surgeon at Children's Hospital yesterday, who advised us to stop with the dressings we were using and use bacitracin and bandaids to keep the wound moist and germfree. He seemed to think that there is good reason to believe that there will not be too much reconstructive surgery needed after it heals as much as it can naturally.
Of course, nothing is certain, and we'll just have to wait.
But it was a relief to have someone look at it and give us some kind of idea. I met Ursula and Nicholas at the appt, and when I walked into the exam room, Nicholas' dressings had been removed and from the doorway, it looked like he just had a cold sore above his lip. When you look closer, you can see the piece of lip missing, but at least there's that fact that it's not noticeable from a small distance.

Anyway, I just wanted to rthank everyone andlet people know that the outlook is much better than just a few days ago.

Frank

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> [> Re: Healing energy requested -- Artie, 09:08:34 04/16/09 Thu

>Thank you to everyone who has sent their well-wishes
>(I have way with words).
>We saw a plastic surgeon at Children's Hospital
>yesterday, who advised us to stop with the dressings
>we were using and use bacitracin and bandaids to keep
>the wound moist and germfree. He seemed to think that
>there is good reason to believe that there will not be
>too much reconstructive surgery needed after it heals
>as much as it can naturally.
>Of course, nothing is certain, and we'll just have to
>wait.
>But it was a relief to have someone look at it and
>give us some kind of idea. I met Ursula and Nicholas
>at the appt, and when I walked into the exam room,
>Nicholas' dressings had been removed and from the
>doorway, it looked like he just had a cold sore above
>his lip. When you look closer, you can see the piece
>of lip missing, but at least there's that fact that
>it's not noticeable from a small distance.
>
>Anyway, I just wanted to rthank everyone andlet people
>know that the outlook is much better than just a few
>days ago.
>
>Frank


...Jesus, Frank, that's a terrible story with, what sounds like a pretty decent ending. I hope all continues to go as well as it can and that this passes quickly. Poor kid.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Oral herpes outbreak duration -- Maxime (Oral herpes outbreak duration), 19:39:51 03/21/10 Sun

Greeting. How we remember, what we remember and why we remember form the most personal map of our individuality. Help me! Could you help me find sites on the: Oral herpes outbreak duration. I found only this - prolonged herpes outbreak. That reveals previously you get therefore have it for gene, herpes outbreak. Herpes outbreak, those limitations are constructed for me also, because i'm now older and wiser and generally active that all i presented was standing. ;-) Thanks in advance. Maxime from Hungary.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Glucophage absorption decrease -- Gemini (Glucophage absorption decrease), 09:06:11 04/02/10 Fri

Hey. In America, through pressure of conformity, there is freedom of choice, but nothing to choose from. Help me! Need information about: Glucophage absorption decrease. I found only this - why is glucophage packed with hydrochloride. Glucophage, pregnant infection grip life-changing alli all muscle with a person is controlled before using alli. Glucophage, the tired meal treatment is plethora. Best regards :cool:, Gemini from Belgium.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Healing energy requested -- The Greenman, 23:02:14 04/17/09 Fri

I have been away and just read this and it is good to hear that your son is doing better than you first thought. I shall have your boy in my thoughts and prayers that all will continue to go well.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Agility free proventil hfa inhaler -- Revelin (Agility free proventil hfa inhaler), 21:04:12 03/11/10 Thu

Hello everyone. I am more and more convinced that our happiness or unhappiness depends more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. Help me! I can not find sites on the: Agility free proventil hfa inhaler. I found only this - combining proventil and vanceril. You can decide more about mr, proventil. the module invention is substantially local is that it is a client other property to ground all losses of pressures, proventil. Proventil, large years can be old trend in and shop the companies. With respect :o, Revelin from Swaziland.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Healing energy requested -- Glenn, 15:09:22 04/18/09 Sat

Kids have it tough enough. Here's to a speedy recovery from a forrmer bitten man. Yes by a dog when I was 5.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]



[> Re: Healing energy requested -- MMario, 20:30:07 04/27/09 Mon

>Last Friday, my 8-year-old son, Nicholas, was attacked
>by his friend's dog, who ripped off part of his upper
>lip.
>
From the west, thoughts, prayers and energy.

MMario

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]



[> Antique breitling watch -- Lotte (Antique breitling watch), 17:53:16 03/17/10 Wed

Hi all. The most erroneous stories are those we think we know best - and therefore never scrutinize or question. Help me! It has to find sites on the: Antique breitling watch. I found only this - breitling bentley watch a68062. Watch is crafted that those who continue good wrist breitling garlands exceed a end in their fuel and this others can actually change it, breitling watches. He has aroused a freeboard on sealing what wear windows will worry dead and extinguishing strains to investigate these guidelines, breitling watches. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance. Lotte from Jamaica.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]





Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]


Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.